44

Chapter 44 – Hello, Five Young Ladies

Please read the novel at bcnovels 𝒹❁𝓉 𝒸♡𝓂

He could kill him, but he mustn’t kill him right now.

Hearing that, it sounded quite like something Lu Qingan that would say. Only, just what was it that Lu Qingan was taking into account?

Chu Yu couldn’t help but move closer to Xie Xi. The two fellow disciples were practically glued together as they flew on their swords, far ahead of the small patrol group.

The expressions on the faces of the Chu family disciples and Tian Yuan Sect disciples behind them were all strange. They silently turned their heads around to look at Lu Qingan, who was hanging a moderate distance behind at the very back. Seeing that he didn’t have any reaction to this display, after mumbling a few “the feelings between a Shixiong and his Shidi are indeed quite deep,” they turned their heads towards their surroundings and acted like they hadn’t seen anything.

Having accomplished his goal, Xie Xi restrained the smile that was threatening to break out. He solemnly said: “The Sect Master’s wife is very fond of Song Jongyi.”

Chu Yu rubbed his chin and didn’t speak.

The Sect Master’s wife……was a very impressive person.

There were quite a few similarities between her and Lu Qingan’s personalities. She was cold, strict, and firm. She often went into closed-door cultivation and rarely appeared in public.

Lu Qingan and the Sect Master’s wife had both studied under the same master as children so they had grown up together. Their relationship was quite good, too. Song Yuanzhuo and his wife were deeply in love so Lu Qingan had always been rather respectful towards Song Yuanzhuo.

He had heard that the Sect Master’s wife had once given birth to a child in her younger years. Unfortunately, the child had died young. According to what he knew of the Sect Master’s wife’s personality, she shouldn’t be that affectionate towards Song Jingyi. However, perhaps it was because she thought of her own child when she looked at him that she acted so fond of Song Jingyi.

Could it be that Lu Qingan was taking into consideration the Sect Master’s wife’s feelings?

But Lu Qingan wouldn’t procrastinate like an indecisive person.

As expected, the moment the topic changed, Xie Xi had lowered his voice as he moved closer to Chu Yu. His lips almost seemed to press against the curve of his ear. Chu Yu’s ear tickled from his warm breath. His eyebrows twitched as he pressed down on the tingling sensation that tried to spread and ignored the strange feeling in his chest. With a calm and attentive air, he listened to Xie Xi as he softly spoke.

“There’s something unusual about Song Jingyi’s background.”

Chu Yu was stunned: “What?”