41) Their Scare

A whole year later! Also, this is a looong chapter. I didn't intend for it to end up this way, but since the story is coming to an end, the plot is both thinning and thickening 😆. Again, thank you for having read this far, and if you liked it, thank you for that support!! ♥️

"What if we stayed for a few more days?"

Damien was lying on the bed while Ella packed a few more clothes for their flight that would happen in a few more hours.

After their wedding two weeks ago, the giddy couple made their escape to a Bora Bora resort, enjoying all that the sea had to offer them even though Ella was still apprehensive of some hard waves and a few odd fish.

"I know, babe." Ella chuckled, and Damien watched as her stunning face graced him with a tender smile, her cheeks blushed from a little too much sun. Her eyes were the brightest he had ever seen, and he promised that they'd never dull, not on his watch.

Unable to resist her siren-like appeal, he stood from the bed, pulling her close to kiss her.

"Damien, we..." Damien drowned her words with another kiss, smiling at the beautiful laughs that were escaping Ella's pump lips. "We have to pack!"

"I'll help in a bit," he lifted her towards the bed, securing her body beneath him.

"We're going to be late," Ella smiled, staring up at his handsome features that she traced with her hands, her manicured fingers lightly following his happy expression.

"Te amo... tanto, Ella Petrotti." Damien kissed her forehead, and Ella clutched his bare shoulders, his tattoo in memory of Vincent felt hot under Ella's palm as she traced her hand down to his muscled abdomen. (I love you... so much)

"For the rest of my life, I'll try to make you the happiest life." Ella promised, her eyes watering at the happiness she felt.

Since she was old enough to understand marriage, she never even allowed herself to dream of having a man like Damien. She believed they existed, but she didn't know that she would be blessed with having one be by her side, cherishing her for the rest of her life.

"Don't cry, amore." Damien gently kissed her, his body leaning over her as he kissed her cheeks and precious eyes.

"I'm just so happy." Ella sniffed, her hands going up to wipe at her tears.

"I'm glad. That means I'm fulfilling my honorable duty." Damien winked, and Ella chuckled, hitting his shoulder.

"You're so cheesy." Ella lifted her knees to cradle his torso that was in between her legs.

Damien leaned down, slowly capturing her lips in between his again, treating her to some sweet and slow torture as his hands reached down to remove her dress.

•••

"What time is it?" Ella yawned, leaning against a wall while the ladies up front scanned their tickets. This would be their third and final connecting flight, thankfully.

Damien checked his watch, fighting a yawn himself after seeing's Ella's. "4:48 A.M."

Ella blinked, not even surprised at the time zone change anymore. "That's nice."

Damien chuckled, reaching to grab her hand as they moved closer to the front. "We'll be home soon. Don't worry." He kissed her head, letting her go briefly once they finally made it to the front of the line. Once in their area, they settled down for the safety video that Ella had already memorized at this point.

"Are you going to sleep?" Damien questioned Ella, watching as she lifted her glasses to apply some hydrating eye drops.

"I don't know. I might just watch a movie or something." Ella sighed, tired to the bone but she really couldn't sleep in planes. Her body was just not comfortable. Damien nodded, reclining his seat while waiting for everyone else to get seated.