3. Safety Precautions

I stared into nothing, thinking about nothing, feeling nothing. I still couldn't comprehend what had happened 2 nights ago. It was now Monday and the beginning of another long week. It may not seem like a big deal, but there is much to think about, such as: why were they hurting me, how did they get my phone number, how often do they see me around. So many questions were filling my brain, I was starting to get a headache. 

I said that I would tell Izzy, I tell her everything, she tells me everything, But I wasn't sure if I would tell her about this. She is angry enough that I get abused, she would go on a rampage if she saw the video, showing how they do it and what they use to inflict pain onto me. 

My mind was swirling with possibilities, wild theories, but what bought me out of my trance was the person sitting next to me who was lightly pushing me until she got my attention. I only realised that I was in my history class.

'Alessa, I am going to ask you one more time, When did the cold war end?' She asked irritably, not expecting an answer making this more of a rhetorical question.

'1991'. I answered tiredly. She was clearly shocked as we had only began to look into this topic, we hadn't gone over that piece of information yet as a class, but I like to be one step ahead so that I don't fall behind when I am unable to do the work. She awkwardly cleared her throat and carried on teaching the lesson. I leaned back onto the uncomfortable plastic red chair and continued to let my mind go blank once again.

The loud bell, signalled that it was the end of 4th period and the beginning of lunch, I made my way out of the classroom after muttering a quick thank you to the teacher, trying to stay polite despite my reputation. 

I made my way to the trees behind the science block, as it is where we sit for the lunch period. I found Leo and Angelo already sitting there on they're phones with their headphones in. I sat next to Leo, took one of his headphones out and put it into my ear to find out the song he was listening to. 

Izzy then joined us 3 minutes later, sitting next to me on one side and Angelo on the other, They also shared their headphones and we all began listening to the same songs. We talked about our days so far, I found out that Angelo and Leo had a basketball match approaching, so had to stay for extra practise after school, which meant I had to get food by myself, but Izzy offered to tag along with me. 

After the lunch period had ended, we all headed to art class, my favourite class of the day. We were all in the same classroom as we were all at an advanced level, our teacher was awfully impressed with the amount of effort we put into the short lessons that she moved us into a more sophisticated group. 

I am currently working on a painting, the theme of my whole course is 'purposely unfinished artwork'. My teacher absolutely adored the idea, and said that it was very original and creative. I link it to identity because I think that it is very important to understand yourself, but fill in any missing gaps along the way, except for the fact that the gaps don't get filled in my artwork.

I sat there quietly, focusing on the detail and the blending I was doing, when my teacher approached me. She had a sympathetic look on her face and twinged slightly when she spoke.

'Alessa, you are needed at the head teachers office. Please take your bag with you as I don't think you will be returning to this lesson.' She spoke almost nervously.

I shrugged, put the art work into my book, and the book into my bag. Izzy then grabbed my arm before I could leave.

'Less what did you do? Per favore, non dirmi che hai avuto problemi con un insegnante.' (Please don't tell me you had a problem with a teacher).