#16 waterfall

It was midnight and I couldn't sleep.

I kept thinking about Liam curled up under her arms and it was driving me crazy. I got up and slipped on my clothes wanting to disappear somewhere familiar that gave me happy memories.

Tiptoeing downstairs, careful not to stand on any creaky steps I opened the door and slipped out using the flashlight on my phone to guide the way.

Alone in the woods was scary but I followed the sound of a nearby waterfall letting it lead me towards the lake. A familiar figure stood looking out over the water and I quietly sneaked up behind him.

"Truth or dare?" I asked.

He spun around on the spot, alarmed not to be alone. It took him a few seconds to react to my presence but then his eyes softened and a small smile tugged at the corner of his lips.

"Dare." He said with confidence.

"Strip." I repeated Lolas dare and he froze for a second, thinking over my dare. I could see the rise and fall of his chest increase and the diamonds of his eyes searched mine.

Keeping his gaze attached to mine he fumbled with the button on his jeans and lowered them down to the floor, slipping his shoes off before removing his jeans completely. I looked down at his t.shirt and raised my eyebrows, silently telling him to remove that too. He paused his fingers at the end of the material like he was committing to the biggest decision of his life.

I waited.

Then he rose the material higher, revealing more and more skin to my eyes. He was covered in bruises and scratches. They were fresh and vibrant and couldn't possibly be from the night Luke kissed me. These are too new. He was intentionally getting someone to beat him repeatedly. This time he wanted it. I didn't understand. I reached my hand out to touch over his wounds but he backed away instantly.

"uh uh." He said shaking his head. "Truth or Dare?" He asked me.

My brows furrowed but I bit back a smile before uttering the words "Dare."

"Strip." He mimicked my dare with a cocky smile and a cheeky glint to his eyes.

I bit down on my lower lip to stifle my smile and then pulled my hoodie over my head revealing a red bra underneath. He looked down at my body with hungry eyes and I shimmied out of my jeans really slowly giving him the show he quite clearly wanted.

"Swim?" I asked with a smile on my face. He held his hand out and I interlinked my fingers with his. Together we jumped off the ledge and landed in the natural spring with a splash.

"Truth or dare?" I asked again.

"Truth."

"What's your best high school memory?"

Under the light of the moon I could see his cheeks blush. I missed the way he blushed. He turned away from me and started swimming towards the waterfall. I followed him letting the warm water pool around my body in silky waves. We swam through the waterfall and I stood in front of him as he leaned against the rocks.

"Pass." He said with a shy smile.

"Uh, uh. You don't get any passes."

"Not even one?" he asked innocently, I shook my head.

He rubbed the back of his neck and sighed obviously feeling really embarrassed about sharing this memory. I thought he was going to refuse but then he started talking.

"You." His voice was barely a whisper but it echoed back from the rocks loud enough for me to hear.

One word, three letters.