chapter 42: Were Homecomings ever our thing

(Is there anyone you guys want Cam to have more scenes with?)

"Hey, Ty, you okay?" I asked my brother.

"Everyone hates me."

"Cause of the sire bond."

"What else?" He sighed,"Caroline's about to hate me more."

"Why?"

"Klaus wants me to turn our homecoming into a party for him," he told me.

"Klaus is coming?" I asked with a smirk.

"You still like him?" Tyler asked.

"Yeah. My Brains a little confused."

"I'll support you either way."

"And I'm going to help you."

"How?" He asked confused.

"I have a speech. Go plan Klaus' party," I told my brother then ran off to the others.

"Okay good. Michael's out. We all need a come to jesus moment," I told the group.

"I dont think any of us believe in jesus," stefan piped up.

"Dont test me right now. I have an important question for all of you right now. Why is it when stefan completely loses his mind, follows klaus, turns off his humanity, by choice may I add, and you all do everything to save him," I started with them,"but when tyler gets sired against his will no one gives a fuck. Tries to help him? Tries to save him."

"Its different," elena told me.

"Why. Becuase he isnt your boyfriend. Whether you think so or not, Tyler's not a lost cause. So much for you all being the heros," I said turning to walk away.

"Just run back to your boyfriend," bonnie sneered.

"At least hes loyal to his own."

"He killed my mother!" Rebecka yelled.

"From what I've heard she was a bitch."

I was walking through the woods when I felt a pair of arms around my waist.

"Hello, darlin," he whispered in my ear.

"Oh have I missed you," i said turning to kiss him.

"Even with your humanity on you still love me," he said with a smirk.

"I hear your getting a party tonight," I told him.

"I excpet you will be there?" He asked me.

"Of course."

I heard a crunch in the leaves and saw damon.

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay. I see he has that handled," damon said.

"I do," klaus told him.

"See ya later, cam," damon told me before running off.

"Your an ass."

"I know. It's one of my greatest qualities. See you tonight," he said with one last kiss.

I walked back to the salvatores house and collapsed on my bed.

"Your in love with klaus now," damon said from the doorway.

"Day-"

"I get itCameron, I just need you to be honest with me. Is there still a part of your who wants to be with me?"

"I dont know damon. I like klaus and I like you. We have more important things to focus on right now."

"Like what? As far as I am concerned you are the most important thing. Are you to klaus?"

"Damon. Dont. I have to ger a dress for tonight," I told him.

"Get a black one. He will love it on you," Damon said and left my room.

"Why do you torture him?" Elena asked me.

"What do you want?" I asked her.

"To eliminate any risk tonight," she said and bonnie appeared in the doorway.

"Im stronger then her," I noted.

"Use your magic then," bonnie said with a smirk.

I stayed silent. The forces are mad at me. Turning off your humanity and going a little murder crazy will do that. Bonnie mumbled a spell that made it to where I couldnt leave my room.

"We'll tell klaus you send your love as we stab him with the dagger," elena said with a happy smile.

"You bitch."

"Oh, and stay away from damon. I want him."

"Well, princess, you cant always get what you want," I growled.

"Bye-bye," she said before retreating with bonnie.

"Someone looks grumpy," stefan said from the doorway.

"Can you get me out?"

"No, have a good night. I hope you had a great talk with elena. We are about to relive history," he said and walked away with a smirk.

I sat there think about what he said perplexed. I played on my phone and texted klaus that something had come up for the night. Suddenly it hit me what stefan meant.

I called damon but he wouldnt pick up. Same thing happened with Klaus, caroline, and Tyler. I had to get out of this room before stefan does something he cant take back.

I was pacing around my room trying to think of a plan.

"Come on spirits. I need you to work now," I mumbled.

I tried a counter spell but nothing happened.

"Come on! This isnt for me! I'm trying to save Elena's life! Please!" I screamed and tried the spell again.

"Come on! Hes going to kill her! Your precious doppelganger!" I yelled.

Suddenly I felt the magic light in me. I smiled as I did the counter spell. I changed into pants and a hoodie before running to save elena.

I arrived at wickery bridge to see elena outside the car, alone. She was crying.

"Did he take you over? Are you okay?" I asked sitting next to her.

"Klaus stopped him," she said softly,"I'm sorry about tonight."

"I get it. I would get in the way," I told her.

"I almost dies the way our parents did," elena whispered.

"Elena, I promise you, you will never die on this bridge," I told her softly.

She sobbed harder into my sholder when damon arrived. We helped me take her back to the boarding house. Once she was settled into bed, me and damon hung out in the living room.

"Its a shame you missed your senior homecoming," damon said.

"Is it bad I'm sad about it. I mean as a vampire I can go to all I want but..." I trailed off.

Damon picked up his phone and played a soft song.

"Can i have this dance?" He asked.

"Damon-"

"I know your with klaus, but let me have this dance," he asked.

I gave into him. I placed my arms around him and laid my head on his sholder. His hands went around my waist and we swayed to the music.

As the song was fading damon barely whispered," I never stopped loving you."

(Sorry it took so long. My teachers are trying to kill me...)