11|The Marauder's Map

Harry's POV

Time flies so fast. November had arrived and soon, it was December.

Snow was already sticking on the Hogwarts Grounds. It was winter, I could no longer see the grass, and the cool breeze had entered the Gryffindor Common Room.

I suddenly remembered that there was another visit to Hogsmeade that I won't be able to join once more. Professor Mcgonagall's words from the previous visit echoed through my memory.

"I can't, only a parent or a guardian sign it."

Merlin. I kind of regretted blowing up Aunt Marge last summer. I should've asked Mrs. Weasley to sign it in the first place. How could I be so dumb?!

I was lonely, I got no parents, and no guardian.

I watched with deep disappointment as all my classmates and other students departed for Hogsmeade Village. But Ron, Hermione and (y/n) had promised me they'll bring me some treats from Honeydukes when they get back.

But you see, I have other plans.

I put on some winter clothes, I grabbed my Invisibilty Cloak and left the common room. I needed to go to Hogsmeade, but I can't be seen.

Luckily with my trusty Invisibility Cloak, I can sneak out wherever I want. Nobody seemed to notice me walking through the snowy grounds until...

Two hands suddenly grabbed me. I was seen. But thank God it was Fred and George.

"Guys let me go!" I shrieked.

"Clever Harry!" said George

"But not clever enough!" Fred said.

"Besides, we've got a better way."

"I'm trying to get to Hogsmeade!" I said.

"We know!" the twins exclaimed in unison.

They dragged me towards a safe place, it was like the first time that they were concerned about me. The coast was clear, it was only the three of us.

"Don't worry, we'll show you a quicker way!"

"If you pipe down!"

"Now Harry—" said one of the twins.
"Come and join the big boys." the other finished his twin's sentence.

I took of my Invisibilty Cloak. They signalled me to pipe down. George hands me an old piece of parchment.

"What's this rubbish?" I asked, both confused and eager.

Fred chuckled. "'What's this rubbish he says', that there is the secret to our success."

"It's a wrench giving it to you believe me!" George piped up.

"But we've decided your needs are greater than ours. George, if you will." said Fred.

George took his wand and exclaimed. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

He pointed his wand at the old piece of parchment, and with a blink of an eye, words appeared on it.

"Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs," I read aloud. "are proud to present the Marauder's Map."

"We owe them so much!" George said excitedly.

I opened the map, and to my surprise, it had shown me all of Hogwarts, every corner, every hallway and every classroom; and I noticed Dumbledore's name on it. The twins explained to me in great detail that the Marauder's Map can show me the whole school, even the secret grounds and what each person was doing.

"Brilliant!" I said. "Where'd you get it."

"From Filch's office of course, first year." said one of the twins.

"Now," said the other. "There are seven secret passageways out of the castle, we recommend—"

"This one!" they said together at once.

"The one-Eyed Witch passageway—"

"Leads you straight to Honeydukes. You best hurry, Filch is heading this way."

"Oh Harry, and don't forget. When you're done, just give it a tap and say—"

"Mischief Managed, otherwise anyone can read it."

And with a tap of the wand, all the secrets that the map had held vanished. With my new knowledge, I thanked the twins, put on my cloak and voyaged to Hogsmeade along with map.

Hogsmeade Village here I come!