29. New flat

"New...." Jungkook trailed off, staring at his grandfather with his mouth wide open. ".....luxury apartment, yeah" Hyungsik completed for him. "...You mean, we have to live alone.....??....in that apartment...? .....all alone??" Jungkook asked. 

It was three days after they designed their wedding card with their friends that Hyungsik visited the company with the keys of a new luxury apartment that he had bought for Jungkook and Taehyung. 

"Yeah....what's the problem?" Hyungsik asked. Jungkook just stared at his grandfather, unable to form complete sentences. Taehyung was already driving him crazy and he was barely controlling himself in front of his grandparents. Would he be able to control himself if they lived alone?

"Kook, you guys are literally getting married!! Why the hell are you thinking about controlling yourself?!" Hyungsik exclaimed. "HUH?!" "You thought out loud" Hyungsik said. "Ohh" Jungkook's face heated up for admitting his attraction in front of his grandfather. 

Hyungsik sighed heavily. "Go and have a look at the apartment. I know you like apartments more than mansions. Seojoon said Taehyung likes apartments too. So I bought this one for you guys. I want you guys to take the next ten days off. You are getting married in six days. What the hell are you doing in the office?!" Hyungsik scolded. 

"You are right" Jungkook nodded and got up. "Ask Jimin to take a leave too. It won't be nice if you don't" Hyungsik said. "Yeah, right. So, you want me to have a look at the flat now?" Jungkook asked. "Yeahh. I will send you the address on your phone. You go and get Taehyung" Hyungsik said and got up. 

"Okay" Jungkook said and left his office after his grandfather left. He cleared his throat before opening the door of the Designing Department slowly. After the little feat that the two of them had performed the other day and the company feast the next day, Taehyung had been receiving royal treatment everywhere. 

Taehyung did feel great about it, but he felt bad for Soo and Jia. He felt that the whole fight was utterly unnecessary. From their point, he was wrong too. Who would believe that a normal worker of the Designing Department, who was being targeted cruelly by the CEO, was the fiance of the CEO? It was hard to believe and Soo had expressed the same thing. 

And Jia was right, too. The two of them had helped them the whole day by putting their work aside. He shouldn't have behaved so ungratefully. So he took them out for a dinner a couple of days later to apologize for everything. Soo and Jia apologized as well. 

"We had the same fantasies that every one else had. We wouldn't have done it if we knew he had a fiance. We are sorry for everything too. I was yelling repeatedly cos I didn't believe you when you said you were his fiance. If I knew you weren't lying, I would have shut up immediately. Neither of us are that low" Soo had said while Jia nodded vigorously. All in all, they became good friends in the department. 

Jungkook knocked on the open door. Everyone looked up and stood immediately. Jungkook bowed to them slightly and gestured to them to continue their work. He gave Taehyung a small nod, silently asking him to come out. He smiled at Jimin before fixing his gaze at Taehyung's face. 

"Stop staringggg" Taehyung whined after walking out of the department. "I did not stare" Jungkook said. "Sure" Taehyung huffed. 

"Harabeoji bought a new flat for us. He asked us to go and have a look at it. He wants us to umm..." Jungkook cleared his throat out of awkwardness. "...umm...have a private life without them around" he mumbled the last part, staring at his shoes. 

Upon receiving radio-silence, he looked up, only to snort at Taehyung's expression. Taehyung cleared his throat and went back to a poker face before replying. "You...mean...live al-alone?" he asked. Jungkook looked away and nodded before noticing a huge shadow behind the department door that suspiciously looked like a lot of people with their ears stuck to the door. 

"I'm thinking of firing all the snoopers in the company, you know?" he suddenly said, raising his voice slightly. Taehyung caught on immediately and snorted as they suddenly heard scrambling noises from the department. 

"Harabeoji is asking us to take a leave for ten days. He asked me to let Jimin hyung take a leave too. So go and get your bag and soulmate. He can go and meet his girlfriend if she is free. We have to go and have a look at the apartment" Jungkook said. 

"She isn't his girlfriend yet" Taehyung said. "Yet" Jungkook said and pushed Taehyung towards the door. Taehyung opened the door and eyed everyone with narrow eyes. 

People who normally didn't concentrate much on their computers were suspiciously staring at their computers with hundred percent concentration. Minho, who normally looked up every time someone opened the door, suspiciously kept staring at the same spot in his file without sparing a glance at Taehyung. 

Taehyung snorted at him and shook his head before walking towards his computer. "Why are you logging out?" Jimin asked. "I am taking a leave for ten days. You too. So log out and come" Taehyung whispered. 

"Why?!" Jimin asked incredulously. "Because I am getting married, you donkey's dirty backside!" Taehyung exclaimed just as incredulously. 

"I am asking you the reason for my leave, you pigbutt!" Jimin said. "That's cause you are my best man, jackbutt! Now shut up and pack up" Taehyung said. Jimin huffed and saved his work before logging out. 

Taehyung and Jimin signed out on the department register before informing Minho of the leave. 

Jimin went back home while Taehyung and Jungkook drove to the address Hyungsik had sent them. It took one glance for them to love the flat. "When are we moving in?" Taehyung asked. "Your wish" Jungkook said. 

Taehyung looked down and felt his face go red. "Tonight is fine too" he said. Jungkook laughed out loud. "Eager much?" he asked. Taehyung huffed and looked away. 

"We'll ask the workers to move our stuff here tomorrow. We just have to bring our personal stuff, I guess. The furniture is already there" Jungkook said. "Yeah" Taehyung nodded and looked around. 

They drove back home after a while and were just about to enter the house when one of the maids stopped Jungkook and gave him a letter. 

Jungkook took it and walked up the stairs slowly. He threw the letter on the bed before grabbing clothes to change into. Taehyung changed in the washroom while Jungkook changed in the room. 

"I'm done" Jungkook called out before settling on the bed. He flipped the letter forward and back, but didn't find the sender's information. He frowned slightly before tearing it open. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" Taehyung asked, noticing the blood drain from Jungkook's face as he read the letter. Jungkook wordlessly held the letter out. Taehyung took it from him and sat on the bed. Soon, blood began to drain from his face as well. 

"Jungkook....." he started. "I don't know....I don't know what to do..." Jungkook said, pulling his hair slightly and staring dazedly at the wall opposite to him. 

Taehyung looked down at the letter and read it again. 

Dear Baby Bro <3

Congratulations on your engagement, bubba! I wanted to wait for you to get married before sending this gift, but I just couldn't contain myself anymore. I am really proud of you, baby. Your husband is a whole fucking meal ;) You got really lucky in the husband department, huh? Take good care of him, okay? I'll keep an eye on him too.

Now here's your gift. I am giving you freedom. Freedom from all your duties and responsibilities. You don't have to worry about the company anymore. Vacate the seat and spend enjoyable time with your worthy to-be-husband. Love you, cutie. 

With lots of love, 
Your Hyung <3