Chapter 6

What the heck is happening?
Austin's lips are on mine.
What do I do?
Do I kiss back?
Will I lose my job?
I quickly pulled away and turned away from them.
"Anna, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that," Austin said.
I didn't say anything.
"Anna?"
"I think you both should leave," I said weakly. I was going to lose my job and I would rather do it when I have a tougher exterior built up than what I have at this moment.
"Anna, we really need to talk to you about what you heard." Kane said.
"No, I shouldn't have eavesdropped. That's my fault." I heard one set of footsteps walk out of the kitchen. I turned around and Austin was still there, looking at me.
"Please, go."
"No."
"Austin, I can't lo-" he kissed me again. This time harder and with more pressure. He pushed me into the counter behind me and held my the back of my neck with one hand while the other was firmly planted on my waist.
I began to kiss back. I couldn't help it. He just felt so good against me.
"And I have the one with no self control," I heard Kane say.
His voice shocked me back into myself and I pulled away from Austin again. I walked to the living room and plopped on the couch in my wet clothes and everything.
Kane sat on my coffee table in front of me and Austin stood beside my window, looking out at the street.
"We need to explain ourselves," Kane said. I nodded and he continued. "We are both very attracted to you. Obviously," he chuckled glancing back at Austin. "But we want you to know we would never force anything on you."
"What do you mean by 'we'? You keep saying 'we'," I asked.
"We, sometimes, occasionally, share women."
I choked on my spit. "Wait, the two of you? Together? With just one girl?"
"Yes," Kane answered.
"We understand if you're not comfortable with it," Austin said without looking our way. He looked angry. Whether he was angry at me or himself, I don't know.
I looked at my hands, knotted in my lap.
"We should go Kane," Austin said.
"Okay," Kane said, getting up.
"Call if you need anything, okay?" Kane asked me. I didn't reply. I just sat with my hands in my lap, frozen to my couch. And that's where I fell asleep.
•••••••••••
I woke to someone shaking me.
"Anna, wake up."
"Cal?" I groaned.
"Yeah," she laughed. "You okay?"
"Yes I'm fine. What time is it?"
"A little after midnight. Go get in bed. You have work tomorrow."
I internally groaned. Work.
I made the decision as I laid down in bed that I would put in a notice tomorrow. I don't need to continue working somewhere that I'm attracted to my bosses and kiss one of them.
•••••••
The next morning I walked into my office, undisturbed. The whole day went by undisturbed actually. I typed my resignation and laid it on Austin's desk as I was leaving. He had not been in his office all day. I think I spent the whole work day alone.
Walking out of his office, I ran head first into a strong chest.
"Oh, I'm sorry sir. Excuse me," I said with my head down. I knew that body, considering it was pressed against me yesterday.
"Are you leaving for the day?" I nodded, finally looking up to his eyes.
He walked to his desk as I said my goodbyes. My finger was on the button when I heard, "Anna!"
I stopped and straightened my back. I walked into his office. His expression held anger and confusion and my letter was crumpled in his fist.
"What is this?"
"Professionally speaking, I don't believe I belong here."
"Bullshit. Kane!" He yelled.
Kane popped into the room behind me, confused. Austin handed him my resignation and Kane quickly read over it. His mood also changed to anger.
"You don't belong here?" Austin questioned.
"Not anymore sir, no."
"Stop with the 'sir'," Kane said.
"Anna, nothing that happened yesterday has anything to do with the workplace." Austin said.
"You are my boss and I kissed you. I can't believe I'm not fired," I shot back.
"I kissed you first!" He yelled. "I wanted it Anna! I want you! He wants you!" He pointed to Kane. "We both do and we can't control it anymore." He began undoing his tie and walked towards me. I started backing away from him.
"What are you doing?" I asked. He didn't say anything. My back hit the wall. He put both hands on either side of my head.
"Kane, go lock the elevator and staircase."
Kane walked out of the room but quickly returned and began to take his jacket off.
"Mr. Carter," I began.
"Anna stop acting like you aren't attracted to us," Kane said.
"I'm not-"
"Yes you are," Kane argued. Fine. They want a battle? I'll give them a battle. I reached up and placed my hand on the back side of Austin's neck and pulled his face towards mine. Right before his lips touched mine I turned my head to the side and began to kiss his neck. He moaned.
"Anna," Austin groaned.
I pulled away and grinned. He looked me. I broke eye contact and looked over at Kane. He was leaned against the desk, smiling.
Realization dawned on me of what I had just done.
Oh my God. Oh my God. I kissed my boss!
I pulled away really fast and ran into my office and locked the door.
They began knocking frantically on my door.
"Anna, open this door."
"Now, Anna!" Austin said firmly.
I quietly tried sneaking out of the door in the foyer. I backed out slowly when I ran into a hard chest. I froze.
"Where do you think you're going?" Kane asked.
"Uh, I-" I stuttered. Then, sighing in defeat, I turned to face him.
He leaned down very close to my face.
"That's what I thought." And then he kissed me.
What are you doing Anna? Stop this.
I pushed him away. "Kane, stop."
"Why do you keep stopping us?"
"Because I am your employee."
My fathers word rang through my head.
"Slut."
"Worthless."
I wiggled away from him and walked to the elevator. Austin walked out of his office as soon as I was walking past and we ran into each other. He reached out to steady me. I looked at him.
"I quit."
He looked at me, unmoved.
"I'm serious Austin. I will not be back tomorrow morning. You won't have a lawsuit on your hands so don't worry."
"You heard that?"
"Yes. I've heard it all."
I pulled away from him. I stepped into the elevator and only then did I look back at them. Austin was still there, looking at me. Kane had disappeared.
••••••••••••