Flower Thief

Kai Xavier Violet. My gentle leopard and protective lover, took my virginity far before my wedding even took place.

I was eighteen, and while we were engaged, it was technically not allowed. Frare is conservative in this aspect. Even Ceil's been more behaved with Katrina.

It happened when I met him in the forest for a nightly rendezvous. We still did this occurrence, because after the engagement, Vincent and Father both banned Kai from sneaking in.
Though they couldn't stop me from sneaking out with my amazing fake doll I made of myself to slip in the bed when I left at night.

It was beautiful full moon, and slipping out was easy enough, especially with Ricin gone to visit his cousin who recently got married.
Fairy marriage is rare, so he left in a hurry to tease the couple.

The forest hadn't changed since I was a child, and since it was spring, flowers were in full bloom and scattered everywhere.
It took no time at all to arrive at the familiar meeting spot.
Yet my favorite leopard was nowhere to be seen!
Calling out and searching the forest turned to be pointless...
Worried and distressed, I decided to sneak into his home, which I had visited once to officialize the engagement and berate his father.
It was clear on the other side of the forest, but I was a woman of complete laziness.
I used wind magic, which I had nearly mastered, to transport myself much like Ricin does.
I only had to tell the wind where I wanted to go.

His estate is bigger than my family's, but not as tall. It stretched out across a lot of land, and was a combination of black, white, and grey. It nearly appeared modern, like a mansion I'd see on tv which you could find upperclass Europeans owning.
Kai told me his room was on the top floor, and the furthest to the West of the house.
Like any criminal, I was careful to avoid sightings by servants and guards.
They had beast man servants which could backfire and they smelt me. My scent was apparently memorized by every servant in case I visited- so they wouldn't be discourteous. It was a double edged sword.

Yet, I was worried about Kai... thinking that his father might've caused him troubles. He never broke a promise to see one another.

When I spotted a large balcony that looked like it belonged to a master bedroom, I used the wind to climb it.
I could see through the glass, but black curtains were drawn inside, so I couldn't actually see the room.
I tested the door knob, and was surprised to see it locked.
Why would he lock his balcony door?
My mind was panicked! Did his father lock him inside?

I don't know how to pick a lock like some masterful assassin.
I can break a door handle though. Easily enough.
So I did. I broke the door handle, and entered the room which was incredibly hot! It felt like someone left a fire going too long, but it was spring. Not cold enough to need one.

The room was so dark, my eyes had a hard time adjusting properly. The room smelled like ash, sandalwood, the forest, and a bit of mint.
An odd combination, but appreciated. It was very masculine, I would admit.

I saw I was only in the receiving room, but it was good since it meant it was most certainly Kai's room.
I could see his work desk, a bit cluttered in the corner.
I also saw the hand sewn leopard cub I made him sitting on his mantle above his work desk.
My heart felt happy, but it reminded me I didn't have time to be thinking such sentimental thoughts!

I quickly moved towards another set of hardwood double doors on the far side of the room. They were tightly shut, and once more locked! This only served to confirm my fears, but this time, I found I couldn't break the handle? They were likely made of real gold then. The wood was extremely sturdy too.
So I used what I could. I looked around the room and prayed a key existed... I didn't see a window connecting that room... which meant it didn't have any windows.
He was really locked inside.