CHP 38

Jimin jolts softly the moment he feels another body land beside his own on the bed.

"...Hey, it's okay. It's just me," Jeongguk murmurs into the man's ear as he wraps his arm around his middle and holds him close.

There's a wave of relief that consumes Jimin's antsy body as the warmth surrounding him upsurges. He weaves his small fingers between Jeongguk's and pulls the man's hand up to his mouth, dragging his lips along his knuckles daintily.

"I'm sorry, my sweet boy. I was going to join you in the bath but it took longer than I expected it to," Jeongguk says sadly into Jimin's golden locks quietly.

Jimin exhales and his hot breaths dust the policeman's warm skin. "It's okay... I ended up puking and got out sooner than I expected to," he explains.

Jeongguk's eyebrows furrow with indefinite worry, however the quick shift in his expression from regretful to disquieting is missed by Jimin entirely.

"You threw up? How's your tummy now?" the policeman asks swiftly.

A soft pout forms on Jimin's ample lips. He twists in the man's embrace until they're facing one another, looking deeply into each other's eyes. The longer they lay in silence, the sorrow and anguish lingering in the air thickens. The blond can't seem to halt the incessant trembling of his lower lip or the gloss invading his vision. The second cry of the night breaks loose and thankfully he can find himself being hugged tightly within the arms of the policeman.

"...I'm right here," Jeongguk projects sweetly into his ear as he lays flat on his back, cuddling Jimin further into his side.

Jimin hooks his fingertips into the brunette's shirt, sniffling quietly. He can hear the man's heart beating as he utilizes his chest as a pillow, discovering some form of tranquility within it's euphonious thrumming. It closely bears an audible resemblance to a dulcet lullaby - one used in putting infants to sleep. And that's just how the blond feels as he shrinks further in size, being swaddled between two protective, warm arms.

"...Do you think this is my fault?" Jimin pitches hoarsely while he stares at the wall ahead.

"No. There's no possible way this could be your fault. You're never the one holding the weapon. I need you to understand that," Jeongguk presses while securing the blond closer in his embrace, faintly pressing his lips along the crown of his head.

"...Okay, I'm sorry. It's just... there's always this small part of myself that blames me for everything that's happened... you know the voices I talk about sometimes...? Yeah," Jimin whispers quietly, playing with his fingers.

Jeongguk frowns heavily and yet it's missed by the teacher laying in his arms. "But they're not as loud as they used to be, right, Angel?"

Jimin moves around in the policeman's embrace so that he can look up at him. He quickly presses a small kiss to his jaw and nods his head. He goes to move away and yet his chin is grasped by careful fingers.

They're looking into each other's eyes once more and Jimin can see the flicker of relief twinkling in the man's brown rove. Jeongguk leans down to press a sweet kiss to his full lips and he allows him to, sighing with content as their mouths meet in a tender collision.

Jeongguk draws his forefinger along Jimin's jaw briefly and then pulls away, disconnecting from the kiss. He pushes the wisps of blond hair out of Jimin's eyes and tucks them behind his ear. "Are you sleepy?"

It's almost seems impossible that Jimin could be, however as they lay together in mixed warmth, he can feel his eyes growing heavy. The stir in his stomach has ebbed away along with the dangerous thoughts that come with being alone.