A Chicago Love Story (Part 15)

*It's now Christmas Eve*

I woke up later than usual again. Von was asleep on my chest so I just grabbed my phone and played with his dreads while he was sleeping. I took a few pictures of him while he was asleep because I thought he was so cute. Mani came in my room about 45 minutes later. Mani: "Girl y'all need to get up. It's 12:30pm. How late was yall up last night?" Me: "Til bout 3am i think... Nazir was up too." Mani: "Nazir been awake since 9am.. What was he doing?" Me: "He jus kept calling his momma." Mani: "You know the bet starts today right?🤣" Me: "Yea. Be ready to hand me my money at the end of the day." Nique walked in and said "Nah mane you gon have to give US dat money." Von: "Nah bruh." Me: "Aww when did you wake up?" Von: "Since Mani big mouth ass came in." Mani: "Boy shut up. Yall needa be up anyways." Me: "For what?" Nique: "Ion kno. Auntie jus said yall needa wake up." Me: "Hmmm nahh. Im goin back to sleep." Von: "Yea me too." Mani: "Yall can't sleep ya way out dis bet." Me: "There's 24hrs in a day. We gon be sleeping for bout 8-10 hush." Mani: "Mhm 'sleeping' she says." Nique: "Ain nobody gon be in here wit yall or nun so yall could be sneaking." Von: "Ain no way we would sneak cus she be loud asf." Me: "Bro..." Nique and Mani BUSTED out laughing. Mani: "Don't be embarassed Pooh. It jus mean he got dat good good." Nique: "See bruh yall always turn it into some weird shit. Imma bounce." Mani: "I am too. Aye. If Auntie come up here she ain't gon be happy. Imma let yall kno dat." Me: "Okay."

She shut my door and left. Von lifted his head and looked at me. Me: "What?" Von: "Nun. You fine bae." Me: "Boy go back to sleep 🤣." I stayed on my phone for about another hour then I went to sleep. When I woke up Momma was standing in front of me with her arms crossed. Me: "Hm?" Momma: "I told you to get up 2 hours ago." Me: "Nique and Mani came in here." Momma: "Lai Lai get up." Me: "Whyyy I'm so comfy Ma." Momma: "Laiya you know we decorate the tree on Christmas Eve. Is Von doin anything with his family?" Me: "Yea I was gon ask you if they could come over for today." Momma: "Yea so they can meet everyone." Me: "Wait is Gramma and them here?" Momma: "Yes Lai. That's why I was telling you to wake up." Me: "Fine. I'll get up but you gotta leave.." Momma: "Yall best not be naked." Me: "I'm not Momma can you just go for a second please?" She stared at me then walked out. I tried wiggling out of Vons arms so I could go downstairs but he pulled me in and started kissing my stomach. I started laughing and he said "Where you goin shordy?" Me: "My family is downstairs baby I gotta go see em." Von: "Yo gramma and them?" Me: "Yeah. Come on now let me go." He stared at me and kissed my stomach a few more times then let me go. I threw on his shirt and some shorts and walked downstairs. Daddy: "Hey baby! Is Von up?" Me: "Uh yeah.. ion know if he coming down or not." Gramma: "He betta! Look at my beautiful grandbaby! Gimme sum suga" She grabbed my face and kissed my cheek. Me: "Where's Auntie Shirley and her kids?" Momma: "They went out to buy some Christmas presents." Me: "Mani said she already got me something... I got everybody else stuff too that I wrapped the other day." Daddy: "Well come put em under the tree!" I walked back upstairs to grab the presents and Von was staring at me. Me: "What? 🤣" He got up and put his hands around my waist. Me: "Aht. Remember we made a bet." Von: "Mann." Me: "Hush and come on. Granny wanna see you. Can you help me carry some stuff?" Von: "Yeah I gotta get some clothes on." I closed the door and went downstairs. Gramma: "Where is that boy at?" Me: "Gramma he putting his clothes on. He'll be down here. I promise."

Mani and Nique walked thru the door and they had a bunch of bags and stuff. Mani: "DON'T LOOK TURN AROUND RIGHT NOW!" Gramma: "Girl hush and take them bags upstairs." Momma: "Nique you can wrap em in my room and Mani can wrap hers in the guest room." Auntie Shirley walked in and said "Whew Lawd have mercy it's cold out there. Hey baby!" She walked towards me and gave me a hug. Von came down the steps putting his shirt on. Gramma: "Uh oh! Was yall having a strip party or sum?" Von: "Sum like that🤣." I seen Daddy look at me so I said "He's just kidding y'all 😅.." JoJo came over to me and started asking me a bunch of questions so I told him that Von had a friend for him.