Chapter 47

TAYLOR'S POV:

It's been a couple weeks, maybe two to be exact. I haven't really been keeping track of time. Everything's been really hectic, and I haven't had time to care about anything other than the villains.

Once my parents came that day, we went back to our house in California, meaning I had to leave everyone.

I stayed in my room the entire time, texting everyone and making sure everything was going smoothly.

By now, the heroes had informed the news stations. They didn't mention anything about the kidnapping, just that they received information about the villain league.

Nobody in the public ever knew about them until now, and now they have descriptions of them.

It freaked civilians out a whole lot, and heroes tried their best to calm the situation.

Blake's dad came out of retirement fully now, most likely to find Blake.

His superpower is air control, but I never cared enough to learn his hero name.

Every once in a while during the day my mom will come in with food and she'll ask me if I'm okay.

When I told my parents about Blake they knew I was devastated, and I swore they looked really sad too.

People from school even texted me and asked questions about him once they found out.

With that, and everything going on, I couldn't get Blake out of my head.

I just wanted to know if he was okay. Despite what he did.

The fact that I'm in love with him makes it even worse. I feel like I'm downplaying what he did, like I would go back to him no matter what.

But I know I wouldn't. He ruined everything.

Yet, I still love him. I hate myself for it, and I bang my head against the wall when I catch myself missing his touch.

I miss his arms around my waist, I miss his annoying remarks, I miss his smile, I miss everything.

I put my face into my hands as tears threatened to fall down my face uncontrollably.

I bit my lip in an attempt to hold them back.

I threw myself onto my back on my bed and sighed, my breath shaky.

A tear finally escaped my eye and I clenched my fist in anger.

"Honey is everything okay?" My mom knocked on the door lightly.

I couldn't reply, so I just sat up and tried to wipe the tears that wouldn't stop anymore.

"I'm coming in." She announced.

I looked at her as she walked in, her face dropping.

"M-mom, I miss him." I stuttered, more tears falling.

"Baby I know." She walked over and sat on my bed.

"I shouldn't miss him, but I can't help it. What's wrong with me?" I bit my lip.

"It's okay to miss him. I promise, nothing is wrong with you." She smiled reassuringly and hugged me.

I hugged her back and we stayed like that for a long time.

"Hey mom?" I sighed.

"Hm?"

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." She smiled as we came out of the hug.

"Am I gonna be able to go back to school?" I hesitantly asked.