THE FIFTH BORN

The sunlight touched her face one morning as she woke up. A smile was plastered across her face as she turned and ready to hug Zyon a hug when she couldn't feel anyone by her side.

She tapped her hand on the bed, trying to find where her husband is. But when she opened her eyes, there was no Zyon beside her.

She got up from the bed and looked around until she found a note on the bedside table. It was written in an elegant cursive and her smile grew wider as she read what was written on it.

I'll be gone until the afternoon. Don't even try to spar with the men.

She shook her head in disbelief. Why on earth would she even spar with the men when she's one month pregnant? But she couldn't blame Zyon. She was sparring with one of the Monarch's men when she suddenly had the urge to throw up. At that time she couldn't afford to lose and held it in but she failed. She threw up inside the ring and the next thing she knew, Zyon was already in front of her. When the doctor checked her condition, the news broke out that the fifth born of Oregon is pregnant with her first child.

Since then, Zyon kept reminding her she can't spar and she's been banned from the training room since then. Napabuntong-hininga nalang siya. Kung alam niyang buntis siya nang mga panahong iyon, hindi siya nakikipagsparring sa mga tauhan ni Zyon. But her husband doesn't seem to believe her as she's had a history of being bullheaded kaya todo ang paalala nito na huwag siyang makipagsparring. She isn't a kid. At alam niya ang ginagawa niya. She's not stupid enough para makipagsuntukan kahit buntis.

So to give him a peace of mind, she assured him over and over again na hindi na sila mga bata at alam niyang nagbubuntis siya. It was new to the both of them but it seemed like Zyon took it way harder than her. Parang ito ang nagbubuntis at hindi siya.

She went to the window and scanned the courtyard. Walang tao. She wondered where they're off to at this hour. Masyado pang maaga.

She went to take a shower and checked her phone afterwards. Walang kahit ano mula kay Zyon kaya napagdesisyunan niyang itext ito.

Where are you at this hour?

She went down hoping to catch breakfast. The dining was quiet and the maids were quick to prepare her breakfast.

"Have you seen Zyon?" tanong niya sa isang maid. Umiling lang ito bago sinabing, "I'm afraid not, Your Highness." She bowed before she scuttled away.

Nagkibit-balikat nalang siya at nagsimulang kumain. She moaned at the taste of the food. Though there are foods that really makes her want to run to the bathroom and hurl her insides out. She is four months pregnant kaya hindi pa masyadong malaki ang tiyan na but it surely does show changes in her body. The baby bump is quite visible now and it only made Zyon more strict. He often takes her on a walk every morning kaya naman nagtataka siya ngayong wala ito ngayong araw.

She just shrugged it off and continued doing her daily routines. She walked around the manor. The Handerley Manor is looking gracious today as well. The gardener, Mr. Wills, waved at her as she was walking by. Tinanong niya rin ito kung nakita ba si Zyon ngunit umiling ang matanda. She waved back and went on walking.

After walking she's planning to sit inside her room and read a book. Usually she goes straight to the underground room to train with knives but she can't do it now that she's pregnant.

She sighed. "The sacrifices I made," she said as she touched her stomach and sighed. "You better come out looking like me and not your father or else I'll toss you into the lake," saad niya ngunit labis nalang ang gulat niya nang maramdaman itong sumipa. She just chuckled and continued walking.