Chapter 2

Last First Day

"It's never too late for a new beginning in your life." - Joyce Meyer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I spent the majority of the weekend in bed watching Netflix. The hit I suffered during Friday's game was a lot worse than I thought it was going to be. When I woke up on Saturday morning, my entire left side was throbbing and the color of my skin had turned a dark shade of purple.

It's safe to say I was not thrilled to be spending the last weekend before senior year on bed rest, but what can you do.

I woke up on Monday morning feeling slightly better, although I still limbed around to get ready. Lifting my shirt up and staring at my hip in the full length mirror that hung in my room, I saw my skin had taken on a yellow-ish shade. I groaned as I finished getting ready for school.

I decided on a pair of black skinny jeans and a maroon top with my black convers. I ran a brush through my thick wavy brown hair, sprayed some perfume, and hastily smeared some red lipstick on. Taking one final look in the mirror, I have to say I was impressed with myself. I had put in an effort into looking somewhat decent for the first day.

Yes, you read heard that right. I said I made an effort to look presentable. Making an effort to me was brushing my hair and putting on some lipstick.

As I walked out of my room, I found mom busy in the kitchen making some scrambled eggs and toast.

I was surprised to see her because normally she would have already left for work.

"Morning." I said reaching for a cup above the sink.

Coffee first thing in the morning was a must for me in order to be able to function properly for the rest of the day.

"Good morning sweetie." She greeted me with a warm smile as she set a plate of food down in front of me.

Mumbling a thank you, I began scarfing down the food. "You didn't have to do with mom. Poptarts would have sufficed. I don't want you to be late for work."

"Oh don't worry sweetie." She replied waving her hand dismissively. I frowned, knowing full well that she usually left for work in the morning by the time I got up for school. "They know I'm coming in late today."

"I can't believe my baby is a senior in high school." She gushed, pouring her own coffee in a travel mug.

"Not soon enough if you ask me". I muttered, rolling my eyes.

Let's get one thing straight. I don't know what kind of demon from hell came up with the concept of high school, but if his intent was to torture us for four fucking years, well he succeeded.

It's safe to say I hate high school with a passion. It's nothing but a bunch of drama filled horny teenagers waiting to stab each other in the back.

If you had asked me how I felt about high school during my freshman year, I would have replied something along the lines of ehh. Back in freshman year, my biggest worry was the school work I had to complete. I used to be a part of a rather large friend group, I had a crush on the cute boy in our year and everything was just fucking dandy.

However, after having a falling out with said group, I began to resent high school and all it stood for. I mean come on! Is it really necessary to pick on kids who aren't as popular as you, or start stupid rumors aimed at ruining someone's reputation.

I think the fuck not!

Yet, that was high school for you. Which is why, today I am celebrating that next year around this time I will be in college, somewhere far far away.