Epilogue

Epilogue

*8 Years Later*

*Victoria*

I sit cross-legged on the couch with a large bowl of popcorn resting on my pregnant belly. Aaron returns to the couch with our two-year-old son Eli in one arm and a second bowl of popcorn in the other. Eli wiggles in Aaron's arms as he whines to get free.

"Okay, okay." Aaron sighs as he outs Eli on the floor. Eli immediately walks over to his toy construction truck and begins to play quietly. "I haven't seen him in two days because of my schedule and he doesn't even care. It's like he hasn't missed me at all."

"You know that's not that case. He's just independent and loves his cars."

"Yeah, well it still hurts." He pouts and smile at his adorableness and lean over to give him a quick kiss.

"Mama can I have a cookie please?" Sophie asks as she comes down the stairs.

"One." I reply. "We'll have dinner after the movie."

"'kay." Sophie replies excitedly as she skips into the kitchen.

"So this movie is the project Colton was working on for the last year, year and a half?" Aaron asks as he drapes his arm across my shoulders.

"Mhm." I nod. "It's really good. I think you'll like it. The kids liked it anyway."

"You've seen it already?"

"Yeah. When it premiered in theatres. You had just left for one of your away games and the kids were missing you. I took them to see the movie to makes them feel better."

Because Aaron's schedule can be so hectic during football season the kids can't see him as often as they would like. For practice during the week he leaves early in the mornings and gets back after the kids are usually already in bed for the night. And during games, especially away games, the kids may not see him for a full 24 hours. They miss him a lot and I try my best to keep their minds off it. It's not often we can have days like today when we're all here together.

"Okay start the movie." Sophie mumbles with a cookie in her mouth. She wedges herself between Aaron and me on the couch.

"What is this movie about anyway?" Aaron asks as he hits the play button.

"It's sci-fi." Sophie replies. "You know. Aliens, laser guns, and spaceships."

"That doesn't explain it at all, Soph."

"It's Uncle Colton's movie. Just watch it." She sighs.

Aaron almost replies to her snarky comment, but lets it go. Now that Sophie is thirteen, the amount of attitude she has leaves me and Aaron completely unsure of what to do. It was like she woke up one day with thirteen years of pent up attitude that she's just ready to let out. Grace is lucky she only has to deal with it over the summers. While we miss Sophie dearly when she's in New York with Grace, it's great to finally have a break from the smart remarks, door slams, and loud music. They say raising a teenager is hard, but you don't believe it until it actually happens to you.

Sophie leans her head on my shoulder and reaches into my bowl of popcorn as she focuses on the movies opening scene. Despite her pent up attitude, she still has her sweet moments that we've learned to cherish when they come around.

***

After the movie we sit in the dining room for dinner. Eli grunts in his highchair and flings a piece of chicken across the table.

"Don't throw your food please, Eli." I say. "You should eat it." I suggest. I put a bite in my mouth to show him. "Mmm, it's really good. Don't you want to try some too?" Eli stares at me as he takes a bite. He smiles and I smile back. "Good job. Eat some more."

"Are you sure you're ready to be here 24/7?" Aaron asks me. "Your maternity leave starts today right? You won't have a sitter here to help."

"I'll manage." I reassure him. "Besides, this will be perfect for making up lost time. I won't be stuck in the office all day or running off to court dates. Instead I'll be here with little Eli and I'll see Sophie when she gets home from school. It'll be great."

"Just don't overdo it. The doctor told you to minimize your stress levels."

"And I told him I'm a lawyer so that's nearly impossible to do." Aaron gives me a disapproving look and I sigh. "Okay I promise I won't overdo it." I reassure him. "I can call the sitter if I need the help." Aaron nods his approval. "Mama won't need it though." I say to Eli as I wipe his face clean.

In a couple weeks we'll have a teenager, a toddler, and a newborn all under the same roof. Our household will be the definition of hectic, as if our lives aren't already so. Ever since Aaron went pro and I passed the bar, our lives have been go, go, go. Even our wedding had to be small due to time restrictions. It's been three years and we're still trying to find the time to have the grand wedding we both hoped for. Even moving here to Pittsburgh where Aaron's team is located hasn't helped with gaining extra family time. Time just hasn't been on our side lately but even so; I wouldn't change our life. We have a beautiful family, jobs that we love, and a beautiful home in a beautiful neighborhood. I'm happy. We're happy. I couldn't ask for anything more perfect.

***************************************************************************************

So, here's the final chapter to 'My Perfect Soulmate'. I don't know if I'm 100% satisfied with how I wrote the ending, but here it is. It has take n me four very, very long years to write this and I appreciate every single one of you who have stuck around to the end. I know it's annoying when it comes to waiting for an update, and again I apologize and thank you for your patience. I hope you've all enjoyed this story, though it's taken us so long to get to the end lol. 

Again, thank you . <3