Chapter Nineteen-And then it started again

The nervousness was eating him inside. It has been the same situation since he got that mail saying he got it. At first, even he couldn't believe that he got it. It made no sense. But was he going to complain though? Nope. Not at all. 

Mew looked at himself in the mirror again fixing his tie for the 15th time that morning. Then slowly covered his forehead with his hair so that the scar can't be seen. He doesn't want to only answer to people about how he got it.

"At least tell me where you got the job at?"

He smiled at his now irritated friend through the mirror. "You'll see for yourself when we go there. You're supposed to drop me off. Remember."

Mild glare at him while taking his car keys." Isn't this oh so amazing office supposed to be start at 9."

"What! damn,I don't wanna be late on my first day." He almost ran towards the car getting in with hurry. But just as Mild was about to start he stopped him. He forgot something very important. Something he always keeps close.

"What now, Mew? You are already late."

"Just a second. Wait here. " He ran again inside the house trying to remember where he put it that morning. He searched every potential paces but it was nowhere to be found.

Where is it. I kept it here before going to take bath. 

He started to look for it everywhere. Did he lost it? A panic slowly started to take place in his heart. No. He can't lose it. He doesn't know what he'll do if he really does lose it this time.

"You are looking for this?"

Mew looked at mild with panic clear in his eyes but as soon as his eyes fell on the thing in Mild's hand a relief slowly took over the panic.
"I thought I lost it." He took the chain from Mild's hand immediately wearing it over his neck. The ring dangling from the chain were placed right over his heart.

"I don't understand. Why do you like this ring so much?" Mild was actually confused. Since Mew woke up from the coma, He forgot many things. Except that guitar and this ring, this two thing seems to be the only thing Mew never let anyone take away from him. Why were they so special to him?
That ring look worn out and old already. It won't even cost that much. then why does mew never let it go away from him. Mild looked at Mew holding the ring dangling from the chain with a soft smile. The panic that he saw in his eyes before were already long gone.

"I...I just do." He smiled at Mild hiding the chain under his shirt then started walking towards the car. "Let's go already. If I'm late, you are dead."

"How am I dead? You are the one who went mad over a ring."

"But you are supposed to drop me off. So, yeah..Car is yours, Fault is yours. Simple"

"Crazy man " Mild whispered while getting in the car. But he didn't knew then, that he was in for a very big surprise.

He just kept driving as Mew were giving instructions to him. But soon a fear started to grip at his heart when a tall office building came into his view. There was no way anyone can miss that building. It was one of the highest also one of the most prestigious place for any business matter. He knew that place Just like most of the people in thailand do.

"We are here." Mew was cheerful without noticing the fear in his friends eyes as he looked in front of him. 

"Kanawut Enterprise" Mild whispered not trusting his eyes at all.

"Surprised, aren't you?" Mew slowly get out of the car still oblivious to his friend's condition.
"Even I was surprised. I thought I won't get in. But seems like those people really did liked my resume." He smiled at the view infront of him. Finally it seems like his life is going towards a place. Two dark eyes flashed in his mind as he scoffed. Hopefully that man doesn't work here. He was such a jerk. Why was he even remembering that jerk in the first place?