You/Kirari Momobami - Struggle

The student council room was quiet except for the sound of Sayaka's pen and the fish tank filter. 

"Sayaka, have you ever been in love?"

Kirari asks out of the blue. The secretary looks up from the paperwork, not fully believing that she had heard the President correctly. 

"I'm sorry, President, but could you repeat your question. I don't think that I heard you correctly."

Kirari stands up with her cup of tea and makes her way to the aquarium. Force once in her life, Kirari was unable to look at someone in the eye. She was a firm believing about eye contact but she felt that it was okay to avoid it, just this once. 

"Have you ever been in love?"

"I have not, President. If you wish, I can research whatever it is that you need."

"That won't be necessary, Sayaka. I was simply curious. Thank you for answering my question."

The room gets quiet as the two of them use their lunch break to think about things. 

X

Kirari stood at the door of her sister's room, unable to actually knock. She raised her hand, ready to knock and then lowered it when she realized how silly her reason was to visit her sister. She turns around to head back to her room when Ririka opens the door. 

"Kirari? Did you need something?"

"Oh! No! I had just come to ask if you had my charger but then I realized that I had left it at school."

Ririka reaches takes Kirari's hand and leads her inside her room. Like when they were little, she lays down on her bed and pats the spot beside her. 

"You have something on you mind and I know that it's bothering you. What is it?"

Kirari plays with her fingers, struggling to even get a word out. The two sisters hardly ever had a heart to heart conversation so it was strange to do so. 

"This is ridiculous. I don't have anything on my mind. It's late and we have school tomorrow."

Kirari moves to get out of the bed but Ririka stops her. 

"Talk to me. You've helped me about everything that I've come to you, now let me help you."

With a sigh, Kirari lays back down. 

"How did you know that you were in love with Mary?"

It took everything in Ririka to not show that she was shocked about the question. Asking about love was the last thing that Ririka had expected for her sister to ask about. Kirari would often say that love was stupid and a weakness. She claimed to only date for fun and to stir up trouble. 

"Well she's the only one that makes my heart race. She makes me feel special. All the things that I used to find annoying, I don't find them annoying when she does them...."

Everything that Ririka mentioned, Kirari realized that she felt the same about you. She had started to go out with you when you became a housepet just to stir things around and confuse everyone at the academy. It was amusing at first but she had come to care for you. 

"I think that I might be in love with (y/n), Ririka."

X

You give Kirari a bright smile when you spot her at the gates. Kirari smile back at you and makes her way down the steps to you. 

"Good morning, (y/n)."

"Good morning, President! Did you have a good weekend?"

Kirari leans in to press a kiss against your lips, catching you by surprise. Ever since the two of you started dating, Kirari would only kiss your cheek. 

"The best. I had a revelation. I'll tell you all about it inside."

She takes your hand and leads you inside.

X

"It's come to my attention that I might be in love with you, (y/n)."

She tells you once you're sitting down and enjoying the cup of tea that Kirari had prepared.

"I'm sorry, I don't think that I heard you correctly."

Kirari laughs as she takes a seat besides you. 

"I might be in love with you, (y/n)."

"P..President, I'm just a housepet. I'm nothing special to deserve your love."

Kirari caresses your cheek with her hand as she gives you a loving look. 

"You are special, (y/n) and..." Kirari takes off your chain and tosses it to the side. "you're no longer a housepet. I want for the two of us to be equals in this relationship. I've cleared off your debt."

"I...I don't know what to say, President."

"Please. Call me Kirari. I love hearing it fall from your lips."

"Pre...Kirari, I...."

"You don't have to say anything. I just had to let you know. If you wish to continue our relationship then I would love to take you out of a date this Friday. If not, I understand and your status as a housepet will not be reissued."

"Can I get another kiss?"

Kirari smiles and nods as she cups your cheek and leans in to kiss you. 

"Does this mean that you accept my invitation?"

She asks, nearly out of breath. 

"Of course, I will be an idiot to say no."