Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Chapter 14: The Quarrel

The test of a man or woman's breeding is how they behave in a quarrel. 

-George Bernard Shaw 

Tatiana Rostova's POV

The drive to Naples was more gruesome than our fight yesterday morning. We are confined on his ground-eating fast Ferrari while he drives as if the hounds of hell were following us. I tried to keep my gaze on my window as the beautiful scenery just passed like blur in my vision. I am scared to death but refusing to tell him that little information.

If Lucca Cavelli intended on killing me, he was doing a successful job on it.

He surprised me when he suddenly showed up in Amalfi on Friday morning after a week of cold silence. What I really hate is that he barged in and growled at everyone as if he hated the world and its inhabitants.

He also made Allegra cry last night when the poor girl only wants to ask if he wants coffee. "Don't you think I won't ask if I want one?"

"I—I'm sorry, forgive me, Your Excellency." The teary-eyed girl said as she went to the kitchen.

"Abusing your staff is becoming your favorite pastime, Lucca." I told him once the poor girl was out of sight.

He scowled at me. "If you want to fight with me just say so."

"Did I say I want one?" I asked him irately. Really, talking to him since he arrived was more difficult than learning the intricate of waltz. "I just came here to ask what kind of clothes I need to pack."

He swore under his breath and closed his eyes. "I don't know. Something formal and casual, maybe."

I nodded and decided to provoke him. I had to admit that I'm still smarting to his attitude this morning. "I get it. Well, I will leave you now on your brooding, Your Excellency."

Before he could form any snarky reply on my provoking, I left him...

"Aren't you going to talk to me?" He dragged me out of my reverie. "Need I remind you that we're going on our wedding celebration?"

"Don't talk to me, just drive." I replied frostily, my gaze fixed on my window.

I heard him take a deep breath. "What can I do just so you can forgive me, Tatiana?"

"Apologized to Gio."

I knew he would do anything but that. I've already asked him for that apology yesterday several times, but he always refused. "He should be thankful that I didn't sack him."

"He didn't do anything!" I shouted as I faced him. "Why do you need to fire him?"

"Because he crossed the line."

"What line?"

"You are my wife and he's just your driver and yet he's touching you." He said. I could sense the fury bubbling again inside him, he changed gears vigorously.

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose for a growing headache. "Your jealousy was out of place, Lucca."

"No, it's not."

"Really?" I asked dryly. "From what I read about you in the internet you wouldn't care less if your latest mistress was flirting with another man."

He gave a wolfish smile in my direction which annoyed me. "Ah, there's a difference in that, my dear. They were just my fling and you are my wife which makes you my woman."

"Temporary wife," I reminded him, yet my heart jolted at his words. "Everything about us is temporary."

"We'll see."

icon lock

Show your support for sweetblunch, and continue reading this story

by sweetblunch
@sweetblunch
Russian heiress Tatiana Rostova thought that her 'happily ever after'...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 36 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @sweetblunch.