Car Rides and Carrying On

When truth or dare finally ended Lucas was half slumped over, and drunk out of his mind. Vincent was doing better; but only slightly. He attempted to stand up and almost lost his balance. Vincent was not accustomed to drinking and was proving to be somewhat of a lightweight.

     "Let's go big guy." Vincent attempted to lift Lucas, up, but Lucas grabbed onto his shirt.

     "I want to st-stay" Lucas half whined half slurred. Vincent had never seen him like this before and it was both strange and interesting.

     "We have to go." Vincent said, trying to hoist Lucas up. "You could help you know."

     "You c-could help youse knows." Lucas slurred as Vincent wrapped his arm around his neck trying to stumble him over towards the door. "Stop." Lucas said surprisingly clear. "I want to tell you something."

     "Alright. Go ahead."

     "I like you." He began slowly, desperately trying to make it clear.

     "I know Lu. I like you too." Vinny said shifting his weight back up to keep Lucas from falling, but the boy slid to the floor anyway.

     "Nooooo-ah." He slurred. "Not likes thaaat." He pushed himself onto his knees, and Vincent knelt down to meet him. "I like like you." He said, then pushed a sloppy kiss onto Vinny's cheek.

     "Lu. You're drunk. You don't know what you're saying." Vincent assured more to himself than to Lucas.

     "I'm not drunk." He shouted. "Or am I?"

     "Yes you are. You're very very drunk." Vinny scolded.

     "Is that so? Iii'mmmh goin-g to hurl." He said then turned and ran to a trash can. Afterwards he slumped down around the bin and hugged it.

     "Lucas!" Vinny called. "We've got to go." He attempted to lift Lucas up around his shoulder again, slightly dragging the taller boy towards the door.

     "How are you getting home?" Marty stopped Vincent, coming from nowhere.

     "He's got his car. I'll just drive him back."

     "You can't drive like this. You're both drunk." He asserted, and Vincent sighed knowing he was correct.

     "How do you suppose we get home then?" Vincent asked honestly.

     "I'll drive you." Marty stated. It wasn't the most attractive offer, but as the only one... it'd have to do. "Not for you. For Lucas." Marty pointed accusingly as he wrapped Lucas' other arm around his shoulder. Together they were able to get the boy over to Marty's car. It was an old fifty's style Chevy Vega, in a cherry red color.

With a car like that, and an attitude so in need of adjustment it was clear to Vincent that Marty was just another of Lucas' snobbish spoiled rich friends, even if it was kind of him to help out. Vinny didn't understand it, Lucas was better than these people.

     "Woah. Nice car." Vinny asserted.

    "Yeah. She's my baby." Marty grinned with pride. "Nobody throws up in her. Got that?" He lifted Lucas' slightly limp head.

    "Thank you." Vincent said again as he sat in the front seat of Marty's car.

     "You don't need to thank me."

     "Yes I do. I couldn't.." Vinny began

     "I said I didn't do it for you." He cut Vincent off. "I did it for Lucas." Marty said in a hushed tone. At hearing his name Lucas began to stir in the backseat of the car.