Not Really Violent

Pairing Damon x reader

Genre: Angst, Fluff

Characters: Damon, Y/N

Description: Damon and Y/N get into a very heated argument.

"Damon, for once, why can't you just stay in with me?! Why do you always have to find a glass of bourbon better than me?!"

You and Damon are having a big fight, again, about his constant drinking. It had been going on for a few months now and you'd had enough. He hardly spent any time with you anymore, you felt lonely and you wanted, no needed, something to change.

"Why do you always have to bitch about every single thing I do? You don't own me, Y/N. I can do whatever the hell I wanna do." Damon was steadying himself against the kitchen side, his fingers tightly gripping the side of the sink with frustration.

"Maybe because I want a boyfriend who actually cares for me and treats me how I deserve to be treated. I'm not a doormat, Damon. You can't just walk all over me and expect me to go along with you, that's not how things work."

Damon slammed his hands against the sink and stalked up to you, looking you dead in the eye. "Don't you dare say that I don't care for you. Because I do. But I can easily switch off my humanity and then I won't feel a damn thing, not even for you, if that's what you really want."

You seen red at this point. Before you knew it, your hand came flying upwards and across Damons face before storming out of the room and up the stairs. Damon stood gobsmacked in the middle of the kitchen, holding the side of his face. Even though he didn't feel anything, he was still in shock. You were never violent, ever. He knew he did something terribly wrong.

You were cuddled up in bed, covers drawn up to your chin. Tears were making trails down your face as you replayed the scene over and over in your head. The anger you felt. The violent action. That wasn't you, not even close.

You heard three quiet knocks at the door before it opened, revealing a very guilty looking Damon. Upon seeing him, guilt wracked your body and sobs came spurting out. Damon rushed over and grabbed you in his arms, whispering sweet nothings into your ear.

"I'm so sorry, Damon. Please don't hate me. I don't even know why I hit you, I should have just walked away." He kissed the top of your head before looking down into your eyes. "Hey, you have nothing to be sorry for. It was my fault you got that angry, I shouldn't have said what I did. I love you so much, Y/N, and its time for me to show it."

You sat up properly and looked back at Damon with wide eyes. "Does this mean your not gonna drink anymore?" Damon nodded in response which earned him a passionate kiss from you, pulling him back down onto the bed.

"D, you have no idea how much this means to me." You noticed a little mischeavious twinkle in Damons eyes and immediately caught on, mouth grinning widely.

"I may not, but I know how you can show me."

The rest of the night was filled with passionate love making and full-hearted promises.