aether + lumine ❧ promise

"let's stay together, forever."

aether x reader x lumine(slight) angst ❧ instead of one of the twins being taken away, it's you

(slight) angst instead of one of the twins being taken away, it's you

.

Throughout your travels with the twins, they have always been very close to one another. They were inseparable, always by each other's side.

Despite not being related to them, they treated you like family. Aether was always the more positive one, smiling and cracking jokes with you. Lumine, despite her being a bit more distant than Aether, eventually warmed up to you.

Both were precious friends and basically family to you. You were just a simple traveler before meeting them one day. Despite this, they took you along with them.

Jumping from worlds to worlds, you grew quite attached to them. Lumine and Aether offered you shelter and a home when no one else would.

"Aether... Lumine...?"

The two turned to you one night in Teyvat. You gave them a soft smile, before thanking them quietly.

"Thank you for being so kind to me..." Aether smiled at you, laughing quietly. "We're family! Of course we would be kind to you!" Red exploded on your face before coughing to regain your composure.

"No— Truly... thank you for giving me a family..." Lumine cracked a small smile before embracing you. Aether joined her and the three of you shared a tender moment as the crickets quietly croaked and the firewood crackled.

"Let's stay together... forever." Lumine whispered in which the three of you nodded. You suddenly extended your pinky out which confused the twins.

"It's a gesture! A way to promise one another something!" They looked at each other in slight confusion before also extending their pinkies out.

"Pinky promise that we'll all be together," your eyes met the twins in which they sighed and repeated what you had said. A smile graced your lips as you cheered happily, Aether and Lumine smiling at you.

Neither of them had expected it.

Lumine had dodged the initial attack with ease along with you and Aether when the Unknown God attacked. Their eyes shifted to the Unknown God blocking their path forwards.

"Lumine, be careful!" Aether called to his younger sister to which she dodged the attack, just barely missing her. Your eyes moved to the Unknown God before you, holding your blade tightly.

"(y/n), Lumine... if it comes down to it, sacrifice me." Aether said, bracing himself for another onslaught of attacks. You turned your head to him, shaking in disbelief. "No— that's not going to happen, Aether!"

He cracked you a sad smile before the Unknown God shot another attack at you three. You parried the attack before it could hit the three of you.

"Travelers of another world-a

Your journey ends here!"

An onslaught of attacks came at a blinding speed and despite the hard fought fight and the quick parries and dodges, it was you who fell behind.

A burning sensation scorched your skin as one of the attacks hit your ankle, causing you to fall to the broken ruins beneath. A scream was ripped from your throat as the attack hit you, your wings failed you as your body plummeted to the ground beneath.

A sharp gasp escaped your lips as your body made harsh contact, your ribs shattering upon impact.

"(y/n)!!!"

Lumine cried out, trying to fly towards you but was intercepted by another attack, causing her to fly backwards and further away from you.

"W-Who are you?!" Aether glared at the Unknown God, tightening his grip on his blade upon seeing you injured.

"The sustainer of heavenly principles. The arrogation of mankind shall end here!"

Another attack was launched but not at the twins this time. The attack was aimed at your unconscious body in which your body is surrounded by cubes and suddenly, you were gone.

Lumine screamed, crying out your name and started to fly towards where your body once was but aether stopped her. "Aether, let me go! (y-y/n)— let me go brother please!" Lumine cried, tears cascading down her face as she reached out, pleading for her brother to release her.

"Your dear friend will prove very useful to me travelers... Farewell."

Aether turned to see a black void approaching them before he grabbed his sister and the two were engulfed in darkness.