Chapter 11- The Desert

"Soul."

"Yeah." I turn my attention from Aang to Sokka.

Sokka digs in his pocket. "Guess what I found."

"My necklace!" I exclaim, wrapping my arms around Sokka's neck. "How'd you get it?"

"The owl asked me to be sure I got it to you."

I smile. "Oh, that's so sweet of him. Could you give him a kiss for me when you see him." I say kissing Sokka's cheek.

"How could you let them take Appa?" Aang yells. "Why didn't you stop them?"

"I couldn't," Toph mumbled. "The library was sinking, you guys were still inside, and..."

"You could've came to get us. I could've saved him!"

"I can hardly feel any vibration out here. The sandbenders snuck up on me, and there wasn't time for..."

"You just didn't care!" Aang yells. "You never liked Appa! You wanted him gone."

"Aang, stop it, you know Toph did all she could." I yelled at him.

"Yeah, she saved our lives." Katara adds.

"Who's gonna save our lives now?" Sokka asks staring into the desert. "We'll never make it out of here."

"That's all any of you guys care about, yourselves. You don't care wheather Appa is ok or not."

"We're all concerned, but we can't afford to be fighting now."

"I'm going after Appa." Aang says flying off into the desert with his glider.

"Aang, wait!" Katara calls out, but he was long gone.

"We better start walking," Katara slumped. "We're the only people who know about the solar eclipse. We have to get that information to Ba Sing Se."

"You think if we dig out the giant owl, he'll give us a ride?"

"No, Sokka." I reply.

The heat from the sun beamed down on us as we walked for a while. We were all dehydrated, tired, and hot.

Toph accidentally bumped into Sokka.

"Can't you watch where you're..."

"No." Toph replies.

"Right. Sorry."

"Come on, guys, we've gotta stick together." Katara says trying to be optimistic.

"If I sweat anymore, I don't think stickin together will be a problem."

I scrunch my nose at Sokka's confession.

"Katara, can I have some water?" Toph asks.

"Ok, but we've gotta try to conserve it." Katara says bending small amounts of water from her water skin into our mouths.

Sokka swishes the water around in his mouth swallowing it. "We're drinking your bending water?" He says smacking his lips. "You used this on the swamp guy!"

"Eww." I shriek.

"It does taste swampy." Toph remarks.

"I'm sorry, it's all we have." Katara confesses.

"Not anymore, look!" Sokka says pointing to a cactus, he runs over to the cactus slicing it in half with his machete.

Sokka and Momo started drinking the cactus juice.

"Sokka, wait, you shouldn't be drinking strange plants." I scold.

Katara grabs Toph wrist as we run over to Sokka.