Hang Ups and Hangovers

Vincent woke groggily to warm sunlight streaming in through the window. He'd had a strange dream, or memory more accurately, the night before, and he wasn't sure what prompted him to think of it. Vincent tried to sit up and was suddenly reminded as to what, or more accurately who had spawned the dream.

      He and Lucas were lying in the same bed together, and Lucas had wrapped his arm around him at some point in the night, making it impossible for him to move more than an inch. It was eerily similar to what had happened when he was a child, and Vincent tried to put it from his mind.

Crap. He thought, and tried to sit up but Lucas pulled him closer back his chest. Crap crap crap. Vinny thought. Lucas was going to be embarrassed if he woke up and realized what he was doing, but Lucas was much stronger than Vincent, and there really wasn't anything he could do about that. He grimaced, he'd meant to leave the bed, but instead had wound up snuggling with Lucas for the entire night like a freak.

      Vincent waited in bed for what felt like another hour, trying to put the awkwardness from his mind. If it hadn't been such a strange thing to do, it might have even been comfortable, being so close to Lucas like that. The bed was warm and the sun streamed in casting a faint glow around the room. Vincent was shaken from his thoughts by the ringing of his phone. It was in the pocket of the jeans he'd slept in and he couldn't quite reach it.

       The phone stopped, then started again. Whoever was calling had called back and it seemed to be urgent. Vincent reached his arm down, getting it caught under Lucas, then reached up around Lucas' muscular arm to press the phone to his ear

       Vincent contemplated waking the boy up, but knew he'd have a massive hangover, and be basically useless for the time being. Or he could try to slip out from under Lucas, but that would prove difficult to do while Lucas was holding on to him so tightly. Finally Vincent decided that he would just have to answer the phone from where he was and be as quiet as possible.

"Where the hell are you? You have to answer the phone when I call you. Immediately!" Vincent's mom yelled after he picked up, next to him Lucas groaned at the noise. "What was that? Is someone with you."

"Uh.. I'm sorry mom, I slept over at Lucas' last night and I forgot to text you." Vinny whispered. He knew his mother would be excited if it seemed as though he and Lucas were recifying their friendship, and he also knew his mother wouldn't think he'd been drinking or out doing bad things if she thought he was with Lucas. His mother was sweet on Lucas like that, she always thought the boy was a good influence, forget the fact that he was drunk out of his mind just inches from Vincent who was perfectly sober.

"I need to know where you are at all times young man! Do you understand me. Do you know how late it is?" She scolded, and Vinny looked at the time with a wince.

"Oh crap mom I'm sorry. We were up late." Vinny stated truthfully; they had been up late.

"It's already 11! Go back to your dorm this instant! And call me when you get there" She yelled and hung up the phone.

Lucas groaned again and tugged Vincent impossibly closer to his bare chest. Vinny knew he wouldn't have done this if he were awake. Lucas used to do things like that when they were kids, but all of the sudden it made Vinny shivery and uncomfortable.

       "Lucas!" Vincent shook and attempted to turn himself around and instantly realized his mistake. Facing Lucas they were mere inches from each other, so close Vinny could smell the day old alcohol on the boy's breath, and their stomachs and legs were touching together so they were nearly scissoring. "Lucas! Wake up!"

       Lucas groaned and opened his eyes. At first confusion colored his face, then his eyes landed on Vincent and his lips broke into a smile.

      "Hey." Lucas's groggy raspy voice whispered. Then his headache kicked back in and he contorted in pain. "Oh shit." Lucas bounced back, realization of what happened the night before taking hold of him. He let go of Vincent but bumped his head on the headboard and winced in pain.