Chapter 7

I finally get up and realize I missed my first class, on the first day. They probably called my parents already. Ugh.

I quickly rinse my face, I'm so glad I didn't put any makeup on, I'd look more horrible than I already do.

English class, perfect. As I walk in the hallway—full of people running to the other class—I hear James calling my name.

What does he even want from me anymore?

"Can we talk for a bit?" he quietly asks as if he is embarrassed to be caught talking to me.

"No," I say, and walk away from him faster.

He tries to keep up the pace and continues talking to me, "listen, I'm sorry for what I did at that party. I was drunk."

I continue ignoring him, I can't trust this dickhead.

"How can I make it up to you?"

"By staying away from me," I reply without even looking at him and I go straight up to my English class.

The teacher is already inside and I mumble, "good morning." I look around and I instantly see Nicole, the only seat empty is next to her.

I sit down completely ignoring her, I can feel her gazing at me, I hate being stared at.

"Ronnie..." she calls my name after a few minutes and I slightly turn around.

"Can we please talk? Please," she pleads and I look straight into her eyes, then I look away, I cannot bring myself to talk to her or Louis which seems to cause them a lot of sadness.

I know that she didn't do anything bad to me, other than indirectly causing that jerk to push me against the wall, but talking to her feels like bringing an old part of me back, a good version of myself, that I will never get back. I just want to ignore everything and everyone.

Two more classes and it's already torturous enough.

I haven't seen Louis in the past few hours, wait, why do I even care?

After school

I grab my backpack and run to the main door, I want to be out of here as fast as I can. Why does everyone keep staring at me? I get it, my hair is horrible and I look like a 9-year-old kid but get the fuck over it.

Ugh, James, he is outside and he is talking to... Dominic? I haven't seen him in months.

Dominic doesn't go to this school anymore, he was a senior last year but we never really interacted. James is behind one year—of course, he doesn't give a shit about school when his daddy has money—he is a senior with Louis while Nicole and I are juniors.

I walk near them but as soon as Dominic sees me he tries to get my attention.

"Veronica, I haven't seen you in ages!" He exclaims much more enthusiastically than I expect and I stop. James keeps glaring at me.

"Yeah, I haven't been around here much," I say and awkwardly scratch my chin.

"Were you on a holiday?" he asks and laughs, Dominic seems pretty curious about what I do.

"I wish." I fake smile.

"Nice choice of hairstyle, I think short hair suits you better." Is he hitting on me? I just nod and he tries to change the subject.

"So, are you up for a party? Everyone is going and we got some weed left."

I am about to say no then I realize that was my old self, I frankly don't care anymore. Maybe it would help me relax and forget for a bit?

"Wait, do you even smoke?" he asks without any judgment behind.

"Ehm no, but I'd try."

"I'll teach you, or Derek, he has been rolling blunts for years."

As soon as I hear that name I get reminded of what happened in that room, when Derek helped me, he is a jerk, obviously, but I should have thanked him. Well, he didn't make it easier by the way he shut me down.

"I'll be there, when is it?" I ask him and his mood seems to get better instantly.

"This Friday night, at Shanice's house." Oh. It's her house? I assumed it was Derek's house. I'd ask him but I'm too lazy.

I didn't enjoy that party at all, well, the only enjoyable part was kissing Louis.

No, I won't think about that.

"By the way, I'm coming too," James says as if he is expecting me to care? I knew already he is going, he is good friends with Dominic.

Dominic seems nice, why is he even friends with them?

"So?" James gets caught off guard with my indifferent response.

"I can give you a pass to your house if it's cool with you," Dominic offers and I nod. I don't want to walk home, and it's taking me longer to walk since I avoid that street.

——

This chapter is quite short, but I don't want to make it long just for the sake of it. Luckily I post often, every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Thank you for reading! Please don't forget to vote and comment