Planning

Sukara and Kuvira signed everything that Mrs Green had asked them to, she came to the house when they brought Voya home to check everything was okay and she left feeling very good about the whole thing.
They had had to give a panicked explanation and introduction to Kai when they got there but he seemed fine and Jinora fell immediately in love with how cute Voya was.

They had got her settled in to her room and planned to buy a better bed for her as soon as possible.

The next afternoon, Voya was sat on the carpet in front of the sofa in the living room while Sukara and Kuvira talked about the wedding.

"I know you said you liked this June but I think we should hold off, just for a month or so," Kuvira said, pulling the planning folder back onto their laps as she looked over at Voya who was playing with some blocks, "I don't want to overwhelm her by doing anything that big to soon."

"I know, you're right," Sukara nodded, turning the page of the folder as she watched Voya bounce one of the blocks on the carpet and accidentally tip her cup of water.

Sukara went to go and clean it up but Voya seemed to catch it. The small bit of water that was left in the cup hovered just above the carpet for a couple of seconds and then fell down again.

Sukara smiled as she watched her. Voya turned to look at them, a slightly concerned expression on her face.

"Sorry," she said, looking between the wet patch and the two women on the sofa.

"It's okay," Sukara smiled, getting up from the sofa and sitting down next to her, "it was an accident."

Sukara picked up the cup and bent the water out of the carpet, putting it back into the cup.

"I can teach you if you like," Sukara said, placing the cup back down on the fireplace.

Voya smiled broadly and turned excitedly, grabbing one of the blocks and giving it to Sukara.

"Oh thank you," Sukara smiled, looking down at the painted letters on each side.

A soft smile stayed on her lips as she watched the three year old push herself onto her feet and take a second block to the sofa. She handed it to Kuvira who looked like she was going to melt as Voya gripped onto her knee to keep herself steady. Getting distracted, she started try and turn the pages of the folder.

"You want to help?" Kuvira asked, reaching down and lifting Voya up into her lap once the small child had nodded.

Sukara pushed herself up and crossed back to join them. She pulled the wedding folder onto her lap to get it out of the way of Voya's feet.

"What do you think?" Kuvira asked, showing Voya the flowers on the pages in front of them, "Sukara likes these ones and I think they'd go well with these ones."

"Su-ara," Voya said, pointing at the panda lilies that Kuvira had pointed to before, "those ones."

"Do you wanna pick another one?" Sukara asked, leaning back on the sofa as she put her arm around the back of where Kuvira was sitting, "which one would you like?"

Voya's expression turned serious as she focused on the pictures. Her small hands rested on the pages, as she thought about it. Finally, she decided and pointed to the picture of the moon flower. Sukara smiled and rested her head on Kuvira's shoulder.

"I like that one too."