Chapter 35: The Emerald Princess' Cure

She was brought back at 1:38 am in the morning. It had already been 17 hours as 6:35 pm hits the spot on his golden rolex watch.

17 hours since he had started to feel overly restless. 17 hours since she hasn't spoken. 17 hours since she laid on that damn white bed and hasn't moved a single inch.

The fury and heartbreak that was pounding mercilessly on his chest continued to bang on him like a constant reminder of the fear he so hardly tried to cover up.

This vile feeling that his knees were slowly breaking down one by one, his hands jittering and moving uncontrollably and his eyes, soulless and dead.

He had no idea why he felt that way, but it was if the person who was always there, always beyond reach now vanished and dissipated into somewhere else.

A lifetime away.

And he begged so badly that she'd shout at him. She'd shout and pound on his chest. He really begged the heavens that she would pound on his chest as harshly as possible right this moment.

Even if his chest started to hurt, it was alright. It was gonna be alright because she would be there screaming loudly at him, and no matter how painful the words she would spout at him would be, he'd rather take all that up, than this deafening silence that slowly was tearing his heart away.

The silence, despite the lack of sound, was the loudest and cruelest thing he'd ever heard in his entire life.

The sound of multiple gun shots did not ring such painful memories for him.

But the sound of her slow breathily sighs, the heart monitor that continuously beeped, and the dark silence that came with it told him enough words without saying it out loud.

She's suffering. She's not in your arms. She's hurting. She doesn't deserve this. You don't deserve her.

He'd rather that she walk away, walk away from him and not return his selfish feelings. For it would've been better than her loving him back, only for her to be taken from him so easily.

His lineage indeed promoted respect and love for the Yakuza Family. He was to be strong, undefeated, untouchable. Preserved and loved by anyone who joined his clan. They would die just for his success. They would die if he asked them to, and they'd consider it an honor. He was someone who could burn even the underworld if he wanted to.

Yet how come a mere glance from this girl makes his heart waver in uncontrollable, unfathomable ways.

Who was she....his ex-fiancée? His girlfriend? His co-elite? His what? Because it seemed as if, those words were measly letters that would not hold enough authority of how he feels about her and who she was to him.

For heaven's sake, he'd wait up lifetimes for her. Even if all she gave back was a single smile.....

A single smile from such a beauty was alluring enough to ease out the pain of a hundred bullets.

He was...a mess... his mind was a mess...

Walking back and fort outside her door, too anxious to stay inside the same room as that beeping heart monitor, he hadn't noticed the disheveled hair that sat atop his head.