The Avengers Initiative

{Chapter Twelve}

Abby made her way downstairs, deep into the night in hopes of getting a drink of water from the kitchen

Abby made her way downstairs, deep into the night in hopes of getting a drink of water from the kitchen. She quietly walked through the house only to stop when she saw a tall figure stood behind the couch.

"Abigail Stark." A deep voice spoke.

"Do I know you?" Abby asked.

"We've met, but you were probably too young to remember." The voice told her, "I'm here to speak with your father."

"Okay, I'll just go and get him for you." Abby nodded before running to her father's room.

"Dad!" She whispered poking his shoulder, but the man barely moved, "Dad, some bald guy is here to see you. And I swear to God if this one tries to kill me I'm putting myself up for adoption."

"What?" Tony asked still half asleep.

"There is some guy here. I think he broke in." Abby told him in a whisper. Tony's eyes snapped open and he stood from his bed.

"Stay here, Abby. Don't move." He instructed turning to leave but he was stoped when Abby grabbed his hand.

"Please don't leave me alone," Abby begged. Since the night of the Iron Man vs. Iron Monger incident, Abby had struggled with being left alone.

"Okay, come on." Tony sighed allowing her to follow behind him.

"I am Iron Man." The voice spoke when the father-daughter duo entered the room, "Think you're the only superhero in the world? Mister Stark, you have become part of a bigger universe you just don't know it yet."

"Who the hell are you?" Tony asked stepping in front of his daughter in an attempt to protect her from the stranger.

"Nick Fury." The figure stepped forward revealing himself, the first thing Abby noticed about him was the eye patch covering his left eye, "Director of S.H.I.E.L.D ... I'm here to talk to you about the Avengers Initiative."