- 𝟎𝟖

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     THE GROUP decided to leave jim behind as he himself said he couldn't take it anymore. he was left with a gun and ended it after everyone said their goodbyes. rosaline was even impressed with daryl who mustered up some sort of goodbye.

     after a couple of hours in the car, the trip had been brought to an end and dusk was beginning causing shadows to fall long and hard. rosaline quickly called over her dog and the whole group gathered their belongings racing towards the door where rick started to call out for anyone who may still be alive.

     no answer.

     the adults were starting to get stressed out and the whimpers of the children started to increase as walkers approach. keeping the dog at bay, rosaline started to look for another option of escape in case this plan was a bust as shane had said.

     when daryl's first arrow pierced the skull of a walker that was when the panic began to flare amongst everyone. shane approached daryl silencing him with a fist on his chest. daryl only gave him a death-glare and rosaline shook her head.

     "shane back off, please." she pleaded in case a fight was going to break out between all of the men again because the group was put into danger once more. shane had every right to be mad but it just was not the time as the walkers were drawing closer, the girl started to think to herself.

     "we can't be this close to the city after dark!" lori insisted, pulling on carl's shoulder trying to shield him from the sight before her. rosaline looked around and met daryl's gaze.

     how was he meant to know what to do? she didn't know but she wanted him to think of something before shane and rick got caught up in an argument with each other. daryl was the only one able-headed at the moment.

     "fort benning, rick, still an option." shane pointed out, his eyes racing around frantically in case any walkers got closer.

     "on what? no food. no fuel. it's a hundred miles." lori interrupted the idea.

     "a hundred and twenty-five, i checked on the map," glenn told her.

     "forget the map. forget fort benning. we need answers tonight. now!" she snapped.

     "we'll think of something." rick attempted to calm her down as everyone started to erupt into chaos. rosaline let out a breath, holding onto rhaegar's scruff.

     maybe this was a bad idea? she wasn't sure but one thing she did know was that if they didn't get out of here soon, they'd be chow for the dead people.

     "come on... the walkers are starting to come closer to us by the minute!" she exclaimed in frustration, "there's no time for arguing just figure something out!"