22 | wintery hell

22 | WINTERY HELL

The journey back was taking longer than the journey to Mos Pelgo

The journey back was taking longer than the journey to Mos Pelgo. "Honestly, I don't know why you brought me along to Mos Pelgo, Mando," Celeste spoke as she threw sticks at the sandy ground.

"You make for good company," he replied as he made himself comfortable against a rock on the ground to nap for a few hours before they continued on their travel.

"Oh, so I'm just the entertainment?" She looked up to smirk at him.

She could practically feel him rolling his eyes under his visor. "Get some rest so we can get to the kid quicker," Mando told her.

She groaned, she wasn't tired yet. But, that didn't stop her from crawling up next to Mando and pressing her face on his cold armor as she listened to his heavy breathing for a few hours before he got up again.

* * *

Traveling was never too difficult for Mando, and on that particular journey back to Mos Eisley, there had been no hitches on the road. Mando sped along the sand the fastest he could, making the speeder make a loud whirring sound as its engine pushed itself to its limit. A clearing between two small mountains could be seen up ahead, and Mando planned on crossing it.

However, as they neared it, a trap seemed to be set that caused the speeder to go flying into the air and launch Mando, Celeste, and their belongings all over the place. Celeste felt her body crash against the sand, causing her to groan from the pain. Suddenly, four ambushers appeared and they began to attack the two. They were likely thieves hoping to rob the pair for a good amount of change.

Three of the attackers began shooting their blasters at Mando, but, his armor deflected each bolt. Frantically, the fourth one rushed over to Celeste--who was carefully trying to rise to her feet after the impact--to hold her hostage since killing the Mandalorian wasn't working out too well with their blasters.

The fourth attacker snatched up Celeste and held a blaster to her throat. Mando struggled against the three attackers who rushed him and began to swing and shoot new weapons at him. Celeste smiled wickedly as she reached for her lightsaber under her cloak. Quickly, she whipped it up and turned it on. Its blade extending up to the attacker's jaw and skewing his skull like a kebab. Before the other three ambushers could notice, she pulled out her blaster and began shooting at them, peeling them off Mando one by one. Once Mando freed himself of the attackers, he took a look at Celeste--who had just saved him and took in the image. She was standing there, her jaw clenched, one hand holding a blaster and the other hand holding her saber.

For a moment, Mando felt proud. She wasn't the woman he had first met anymore. She was stronger. "Let's get out of here," Celeste ordered as she put away her weapons to begin gathering their belongings that scattered everywhere.

* * *

The trek back was long and grueling. They had to go on foot as their speeder had broken beyond repair. Mando, being the gentleman that he was, carrying their supplies, though--making the journey a little less painful for Celeste.