Chapter 12: Why is your heart beating so fast Harper?

After removing all my makeup and taking a shower, I dried my hair and changed into my pajamas

After removing all my makeup and taking a shower, I dried my hair and changed into my pajamas. I had bought cuter pajamas after Mason had unexpectedly showed up at my house. 

I lay down on the bed and touched my hand to neck to feel the pendant. I smiled at the memory of me and Mason together, with his arms wrapped around me and his lips on mine.

When I came home, I saw Liam and Kat were watching a horror movie. Apparently Ashley had to head back to a bit early and they had nothing else to do. When they saw me, Kat rushed off to the kitchen and Liam gave me a hug as Kat came back with a bar of chocolate and handed it to me. We never get any chocolate from Kat's stash and no one ever takes one from it.

How did they know I was upset? Until I went to my room, I thought my siblings could read my mind.

That is until I looked in the mirror and saw makeup streaks running down my face.

I lay in bed quietly looking up at the ceiling. Would Will be with Tanya right now? Would she have her perfect skinny arms wrapped around him? Have her manicured fingernails in his hair? 

I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts and sucked in the tears to come. I have a boyfriend. I don't like Will. What's wrong with me?

Then suddenly my thoughts were interrupted by a the window opening and Will climbing in with a bottle of vodka in his hand.

His hair messed up, his blazer missing, his shirt crumpled with a few buttons open at the top, exposing his chest and his tie hanging low. His eyes were red and puffy and there were tear stains on his cheeks. There was a wound on his forehead that was dripping with blood.

He looked like such a mess that it broke my heart to even see him.

I quickly locked my room door as he stood there motionlessly, leaning against the wall.

"Will?", I shook him by the shoulder.

He looked at me with teary eyes and gave me a faltering smile.

"Hi", he grinned.

I sat him down and inspected the wound as he winced.

"You were with Tanya weren't you? What happened?", I asked.

He let out a chuckle.

"She was hiccup*  drunk as a horse", he took another swig of vodka, "She thought I was Mason".

Oh no. Oh my god. What has Tanya done?

"She thought I was Mason fucking Stone", he took another swig from his bottle, "Because he's so much better than me, the golden boy, the one who treats a girl like a princess". he said angrily.

"Will, you're drunk, you don't know what you're saying", I tried to convince him.

"She kissed me Harper", he looked up at me as fresh tears started streaming out of his eyes, "I've always wanted our first kiss to be perfect, but after everything hiccup* she said, I love you Mason, not Will! but Mason!", he chugged down the entire bottle of vodka.