Chapter 26

New Years Eve..

After all the Christmas celebrations came New Years Eve. Usually the boys would do their own thing tonight but now they had to be mindful of the little five year old living with them.

The day had just begun, everyone was in the kitchen discussing what their plans were for tonight.

Mason sat on one of the barstools. With Cameron on his lap. While she coloured in one of her new books, With a bowl of fruit loops beside her to munch on as she coloured. Owen leaned on the island counter with his elbows as he munched on a piece of toast l. Him and Mason were talking about tonight.

"What are you doing tonight?" Owen asked taking a bite out of his toast.

"A few of my college friends have asked me to go out but I'm not sure if I will?" Mason shrugged.

"You know you can if you want. You deserve a break but in anyways Josh and Nathan are going to come over tonight." Owen said. Camerons ears perked up at the mention of Nathan.

"Is Prince Naveen coming over?" Excitement took over all of her features. She thought it was so cool that she knew a Prince. Even when she told Ava. Ava couldn't believe it. So Cameron had promised her that she will get to meet him one day.

Owen looked at Cameron who was now fully intrested in their converstation. Owen smiled and nodded at his little sisters innocence.

Cameron started to bounce up and down on Masons lap in excitement causing her head to bang off his chin. Then leading him to bite his tongue.

"Ow! Cam calm down!" Mason scolded rubbing his chin. Cameron whispered a small 'sorry'. She then turned on his lap a bit so she could rub his chin for him. Then giving it a small kiss.

"There I kissed it better." She smiled.

Mason couldn't stay angry at this ball of cutenes. It was just out of excitment.

"Yes all better." He smiled placing his own kiss on her cheek.Cameron then went back to her colouring.

Owen watched Mason and Cameron in awe.

Just then Owen's phone rang. An unknown Caller ID popped up. He excused himself moving into the hall.

"Hello. This Owen Davis speaking"

"Owen this is Robert."

Owen sighed who knew what this man could be calling him for.

"Robert what do you want?" Owen's voice came out fustrated. He was fustrated with this man who was suppost to be their Father. He shows up and then disappears and then reappears. This isn't a magic show.

"Look Owen I just want to come over later. I have something for yous since I missed Christmas and I just want to see my kids. Then I will be out of your hair." Robert's voice came out desperate.

"Where did you even get the money for presents? And Robert I would need to talk to Mason to see if it's okay for you to come over." Owen had promised Mason that he would be included in the decisions aswell since he was also the second oldest and he had as much responsibility as Owen.

"It's just something small. The reason I wasn't around for a while because I wanted to give you guys some space." Robert replied with a slight panic in his voice. Maybe he was afraid that he wouldn't get to see his kids today?

"Look your excuses aren't going to work here. You and me both know that's not why you haven't been around. There is something bigger to the puzzle." There definitely was something bigger bigger to the puzzel. All these questions ran through Owen's head. Why is he coming back now? Where has he been for the past four years? All these questions Owen had but didn't have the answers to.