- 𝟏𝟎

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     "MORNING EVERYONE." jenner greeted the group and everyone chorused with a 'hey doc'.

     "i don't mean to slam you with questions first thing..." dale began a sigh rumbling from his throat.

     "but you will anyway." the scientist interrupted shrugging his shoulders.

     "we didn't come here for the eggs," andrea spoke up.

     what a way to be subtle andrea, rosaline thought.

     ignoring the comment, the doctor walked up to the computer screen tapping a few keys, "give me a playback of TS-19."

     "playback of TS-19." vi's monotone voice echoed back, beginning to display numbers and then eventually an image on the massive screen in front of them. by then, everyone gathered behind him and started to spectate intently.

     "few people ever got a chance to see this. very few." jenner told everyone, putting emphasis on very. rosaline thought that probably everyone who had managed to see it were the last of the scientist who either ran away or opted out. that meant that it was, in fact, a minute number.

     "is that a brain?" carl's curiosity got the best of him.

     "an extraordinary one - not that it matters in the end. take us in for E.I.V" jenner demanded, sadness in his voice.

     "enhanced internal view." vi elaborated whilst zooming in on what seemed to be the image of a person's brain which sparkled and illuminated with many lights and flares all around.

     "what are those lights?" daryl questioned, taking a quick look at jenner. that was the first time she had heard him speak that morning apart from what happened when rosaline had seen his back. shivering at the thought, she made an attempt to focus on the view at hand.

     "it's a person's life experiences, memories. it's everything. somewhere in all that organic wiring, all those ripples of light is you - the thing that makes you unique and human." he explained, nodding and pointing towards the lights visible. to rosa, it had made sense and she hummed in understanding but daryl still seemed baffled.

     "you don't make sense ever?" the huntsman taunted crossing his arms.

     "those are synapses, electric impulses in the brain that carry all the messages. they determine everything a person says does or thinks from the moment of birth to the moment of death." jenner told daryl trying to give him a simpler way to put the explanation he had given him beforehand.

     "death? that's what this is, a vigil?" rick asked, walking towards him slowly.

     "yes. or rather the playback of the vigil."