chapter 8

When everyone gets to the gym, they begin stretching, retrying their quirks after a week of no school.

In the corner, a large explosion goes off, and everyone stares at a maliciously grinning Bakugou.

"Damn it feels good to rage again."

Momo shuffles over to me and smiles with worry.

"Are you sure you are okay with this, (y/n)? 1 to 20 seems..."

"It's alright," I nod. "I'm thinking of giving you guys a minute head start."

As the students begin grouping together again, Kaminari speaks up.

"Hey man, I understand that you're confident, but really? A minute headstart for twenty of us against only you? Aren't you a little overconfident?"

"...if I wasn't strong enough to handle you guys, I wouldn't be qualified to watch over you, would I?"

Aizawa glances at me, a little surprised by my statement. He never understood when I said I was a guardian since no one has ever seen me or asked for me to be one. He thought I was someone with some eight-grade syndrome, but now he slightly believes me, seeing how it seems like I actually care about the class.

"Okay, I'll call time when the minute headstart is done. If you render (y/n) unconscious, the class wins. If (y/n) defeats all of you before that, they win."

The class all ready themselves, and I notice that only a few were standing close by. While Bakugou and Todoroki are ready to pounce the moment Aizawa starts the timer, some others like Midoriya stay back, probably to assess my quirk.

Not that they'd be able to understand it anyway.

I hover above the ground a few inches away, looking around the gym and aweing at the size.

"Start!" Aizawa states.

Quickly, Todoroki sends a large wave of ice, and I lift my arm. Right when it seems like the ice would hit, it stops, a little tip touching my finger. A gust of wind forms from the attack, blowing some of my hair back.

I whistle.

"Ha, stop dazing out like that, you angel bastard!" Bakugou screams, appearing from behind the ice wall. He sends a strong explosion, but again, it doesn't hit me. 

I was going to throw him across the gym but remembered I'm giving them a minute headstart, so I refrain.

Attack after attack, the class uses their quirks to their fullest, only for it to never get to me.

With only thirty seconds remaining, some classmates formulate a plan.

While Kirishima continuously throws punches my way, Sero attempts to tape me up. When that fails, Tokoyami tries to restrict my movements with Dark Shadow. Midoriya smashes Todoroki's ice and creates multiple ice shards, using them as a distraction to throw a punch my way.

None of their attacks work.

Panting, the students all gawk in shock, not understand anything about me.

"They...barely moved from their spot!" Midoriya observes. "I can't tell what their quirk is...is it some sort of barrier?"

"The minute is up," Aizawa declares.

I smile.

"Sorry, but it looks like your time is up. Should I do something more confusing, or should I go slowly?"

"Give me your all goddammit!" Bakugou shouts.

"Kacchan!" Midoriya interjects. Gulping, the boy shakes his head. "Please go slowly. I want to see your quirk!"

Nodding, I snap my fingers.

Bakugou, Todoroki, and Kaminari fall to the ground, unconscious.

"What the-?!"

Suddenly, I disappear. Kirishima yells out, "watch out!" but it's too late. I reappear behind the redhead and whisper, "you should use your quirk," before flicking his back, sending him flying to the gym wall.

"Kirishima!" Midoriya screams. Gritting his teeth, he dashes towards me with full cowl. 

"Midoriya, your moves are too see-through," I yawn, grabbing his outstretched arm and flinging him into Iida.

Momo throws a smoke grenade, and Hagekure runs at me. Instead of attacking her though, I simply tap her shoulder to make her fall.

"Sorry, I don't hit girls."

While everyone gets distracted by the gas, I snap my fingers again, rendering everyone unconscious.

Aizawa doesn't say anything, in utter shock at the scene. 

I teleport to his side and look around.

"So, do I get an ice cream cone?"

The teacher flinches, having not noticing my presence at all.

"...If you can somehow heal everyone, then yes."

Nodding, I snap my fingers again. In a second, everyone is standing in front of me and the teacher, all without a single scratch.

"What the hell?!" Bakugou shouts. "The hell is your quirk?!"

"That was so cool! But, it's a little scary..." Mina comments.

"I am ashamed that we have completely failed, but you are indeed strong, (y/n)!" Iida waves robotically.

Aizawa again stares warily at me. There's no explanation for my strength. I had just taken on twenty students without any problem. Was it true that I killed and revived All for One, the villain who All Might almost lost to?

I could tell he was questioning these things, not that I would answer unless he swallowed his pride and asked me.

"Who...are you?" Midoriya asks hesitantly.

A little amused with everyone's reactions, I feel another cunning smile forming on my face.

I put a forearm to my stomach and the other to my back, bowing like a butler.

"(l/n) (y/n), the guardian deity of U.A Highschool, at your service."