◖ 31 ◗

𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄  ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄 ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

Sitting in the tan leather seat of the Gulfstream G700, sporting a camel colored long cardigan over the white fitted turtleneck top and light denim cropped jeans, watching her father interact with his wife on the three-seat divan in the entertainment space across from the 40-inch TV. Her leg bounced up and down, contemplating on when she wanted to confront her father about knowing about her daughter and not telling her about.

A hand touched her knee, averting her attention to the big veiny hand and up the dark chocolate arm to Landon's eyes. She scoffed, crossing the leg he touched over the other to drop his hand and stared out of the panoramic oval window.

Landon sighed; well aware of his girlfriend still having a attitude towards him since she was staying in a hotel and it was the first day they've seen each other without resolving anything. "Baby, it's been a week. When are you going to drop the attitude and talk to me?"

"We're not doing this right now." Anicia retorted in a low tone.

"We have to talk—"

"I said no," Anicia gritted as she looked at him. She rolled her eyes and switched seats in front of Abi and her husband Charles.

Abi observed the tension. "Trouble in paradise?"

"Just—do not start right now, Abi." She dismissed her sister.

Abi frowned instantly. "Ew, what's wrong with you?"

"Babe..." Charles silenced his wife, keeping her from antagonizing; Abi left it alone and returned to what she was doing; closing her eyes and resting her head on her husband's shoulder.

The jet landed to Mercedes Sprinters awaiting their arrival. Purposely, Anicia rode in the sprinter her boyfriend wasn't in and stared at the back of her father's head the whole drive to a city right outside of Seattle. Trees surrounded the gated, H-form architecture situated on the twenty acres of land that includes eighteen bedrooms and twenty bathrooms. Parking around the fountain, butlers stood in line on the concrete stairs leading up to the front entrance.

Anicia was the last to get out, preparing herself for the brief visit at her Grandparents compound. She took her time to enter the mansion behind everyone else as the butlers grabbed their suitcases. She checked her phone and looked at the few missed calls from Toby. She stopped the strides in her Gucci Princetown GG velvet slippers and pressed the button to return the call.