lxxxv. lost time

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑬𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻𝒀 𝑭𝑰𝑽𝑬
❝ 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

THE DAY AFTER THAT, VERA AND Hope remained as thick as thieves

The brunette and the elleth princess had spent the previous night talking — and admonishing on Hope's part — and wasting no time and sacrificing any sort of rest or sleep between the both of them — despite Hope getting rather concerned after Vera's eyes begin to droop (Vera had caught the way her blue orbs glanced down at her stomach worryingly.) — to get everything clear and to make Hope understand what Vera's mind process was. They didn't expect it to take so long, but it had, and Vera didn't know if she regretted it or not.

Thankfully, though, Vera managed to slip in a few hours of sleep before awakening the next day — not only to appease Hope, who is already acting like a worried aunt for the child, but for her own sake.

Hope had been in a bit of a shocked state for a few minutes as she attempted to let the words register inside her frazzled mind — Hope had been busy before Vera approached her bed-chambers, and already had her head frayed as it is — so Vera was left to stand outside her chamber doors, leaning closer and closer to the shadows as she looks around nervously, avoiding Hope's curious eyes, and unconsciously cradling her stomach closer (she did that more frequently, now, Hope begins to notice.) The blonde hadn't moved or spoken for a good six minutes, merely gaping like an open-mouthed fish out of water — Vera held a snigger — as she tried to articulate the words.

Soon, though, — and thankfully — Hope had gotten her senses back just as quickly, and opened the door wider for Vera to come in, who had gotten ahold of her straying tears. Hope had stuttered for a good two minutes — not that Vera minded as it gave her time to properly adjust herself nearer to the fireplace, suggested by Hope non-verbally — before finally finding the words and indulging in a long, quick tirade of words that Vera couldn't quite bring herself to comprehend completely. '

When? Where? How — ew, nevermind, I know how. Why? I mean, stupid question. Erm...did you tell Legolas? He is the father, isn't he? Because it'd be really awkward if that babe came out looking like Aragorn— ew.'

She had told Hope to slow down, and she thinks that her soft voice had managed to get into the blonde's mind better than screaming and shouting.

Eventually, as the night rolled by quicker than they expected or wanted, the two women managed to cover every topic and answer every question they could come up with. It proved to be more of an arduous task than Vera initially assumed, as it had left her tiresome and exhausted by the time the morning dews arrived through the window. But Vera didn't care. It didn't matter to her, because she knew she needed to get everything off her shoulders; she couldn't live with the weight of the secret on her chest anymore...or in her stomach, she supposes. And it worked because Hope had allowed Vera to express every emotion she could, which came in the form of tears.