6|The Jumper

Hermione was focused on her book

Hermione was focused on her book. She did not notice him stalking over to her untill he was right there.

"Hello, Granger." He spoke, sitting on the bench next to her.

"Aren't you supposed to be practicing? You asked me to come watch-" He wrapped his arm around her shoulder, causing her speech to halt.
They were currently sitting in the Quidditch stands, only a few Gryffindors were practicing on the pitch.

"I thought you might be cold, so I brought this"

Hermione looked down to the maroon jumper he placed on her lap, the visible F embroidered on the front. She took the fabric in her slightly numb hands, "I couldn't possibly wear this-" She began.

"Why not?"

"People might assume things"

He dropped his arm from around her, so that he could sit facing her on the bleacher below. "Let them assume." He gave a wink.

She stared at him dumbfounded and yet completely in love with his flirtation. "Fred Weasley, you are-"

"-handsome, charming..?"

She let out a small laugh then poked him in the chest. "I was going to say insufferable."

"Your laughter is completely insufferable, because it is just so adorable." He spoke, catching her sole attention.

She looked into his eyes, something swelling in her chest. The wind blew lightly, cold and fridgid, yet so a strand of her hair fell in front of her face. And then it happened, his own hand reached out and tucked the lock behind her ear, his fingers lingering on her neck.

"-umm" she shook her head, blushing feverishly as he held a smirk.

"Seriously wear the jumper." He stood up, then mounted his broom and soared into the open air.

The entire time she watched his figure keenly, trying to shake the goosebumps that crawled on her skin; most definitely the result of his touch. The place where his arm had rested on her shoulder had felt warm, as ridiculous as it was to admit.

Every time he flew past her spot in the stands she felt a longing for him. It seemed her silly schoolgirl crush was surmounting into so much more. And on Fred Weasley?!

Fred Weasley

She smiled to herself, and waited at the end of practice in quite a giddy nature.