19- emotions

-

-

i grab the handle of my suitcase and take it off my bed. i smooth down my casual dress and look around my room. i probably won't be here for another 5 months. "this is it, i'm going to rome to film with timothée chalamet. wow." i say out loud as i smile.

timothée and i met at a red carpet event and now that we're starring in a new movie in rome, we'll get closer. i bring my suitcase downstairs and see my sister walk down with tears in her eyes. she sniffles as i grin seeing her cry. she's only a few years younger than me and we're really close.

she punches my arm lightly as i snicker. "shut up." she sniffles as she wipes her nose with the back of her hand. "come here ruby." i say as i embrace her and she tries to stop crying. "i'll miss you too. i'll try to call you everyday and i'll even tell timothée about you." i smile as she pops her head up.

"really? see if him and lily rose depp are dating again." she says excitedly as she pulls away from the hug. i head into the kitchen and see my mom leaning over the counter looking at mail.

"hey mom, dad. louis will be here soon, so i have to leave soon." i say as i look at my dirty converse coring my feet. my mom sighs and looks up, "come here honey." she says opening her arms. i walk into them and she embraces me in a warm hug.

"i'll miss you so much. now i want you to take a lot of pictures and send me all of them. make good choices and be good honey. and don't forget to have fun." she says smiling at me. i smile back and hug her tighter, "i'll miss you too."

i head over to my dad and he gives me the same talk before i hear the doorbell ring. "i love you guys so much! i'll see you in a few months! i promise to call!" i shout as they all blow kisses. i walk out the door and see louis standing there. he smiled sadly at me as i mirror his look.

i sigh as i roll my suitcase over to his car and he grabs my backpack, "hi lou." he places my backpack in the car and sends me a small smile, "hi darling."

-

as we drive to the airport louis holds my hand, squeezing it every now and then. it makes my mind wander to all the things i'll miss about him while i'm gone.

i'll miss his laugh and the way it sounds when we're laying next to each other. i'll miss his dazzling smile and his cheeky smirk he sends me whenever he says something dirty. his soft, brown hair that feels like silk when i run my fingers through it.

the way he kisses my forehead to reassure me that he's always there for me. how he gives the best hugs, and when he runs up behind me to wrap his arms arms around my waist securely.

when he attempts to flirt but ends up saying something corny, and the times when he does succeed in flirting. the fact that he can make me smile within a minute just by being next to me, and of course, the way he kisses me.

i look over at him and sadly smile as he sighs and lifts my hand to kiss it. when we make it to the airport, i stay seated and look at him. i hesitate to even take my seatbelt off because i don't want to leave him.

he smiles at me and the corners of my lips tug up as he turns the car off. he tilts my chin towards his and pulls me to his lips. our mouths move together slowly and we take in each other. our body heat mends together and creates a bond that will never break as long as out love lasts, which feels like forever.

i wrap my arms around his neck and pull myself closer to him. when we pull away our foreheads rest against one another and our hot breath mixes in between us. "i love you" he speaks softly as his warm breath hits my face.

"i love you more." i respond as i peck his lips. "not possible love." he says as he presses his lips on mine for a moment. we sit there taking in the moment for a few minutes before making the move to get out of the car. i grab my suitcase and all my belongings and we walk into the airport together.

i check in my bags with louis standing beside me and we end up standing in the middle of chaos, staring at the large sign saying 'security.' i stand there intimidated by the huge decision i made and feel nerves bubble inside my stomach.

louis squeezes my hand as if he can feel the nerves flowing towards him. i turn to him and take in his appearance. i trace every fiber of his body as if i'll forget what he looks like while at rome for a while. "i'll miss you lou." i say as i push down all the emotions i'm trying to hide.

he exhales shakily and clears his throat while turning his body towards me and taking my hand. "i'll miss you so much y/n. promise to call me at least twice a day," he starts and winks before continuing, "that's so i know timothée isn't trying anything with my girl." he sasses jokingly to lighten the mood.

i laugh and realize just how much i'll miss him. 5 months without touching each other. 5 months without seeing him in person. i try to fight against the burning sensation behind my eye but blink to get rid of it, just causing a drop to fall.

"you'll have to come and visit me so that we can travel around rome on my off days." i smile as he uses his thumb to wipe the tear. "believe me i will, i'm booking a flight tonight," he jokes as he rubs his thumb on my cheek, "then i can't meet timothée too and patrol him 24/7." he says as he laughs deeply.

"and i'll spin you around and show you off to all of rome because i want to show everyone who my girlfriend is." he says as he smiles at me. i smile back and lean into his warm touch. "i should go." i say with a sniffle as i look into his eyes. "i know.." he says as he sniffles as well.

i glance towards the window and see dozens of people standing there pressed against the glass trying to get a picture of us. i sigh deeply and weakly smile. "we'll see each other sooner than we think."

he smiles back and grabs me by my waist to pull me close to him. our lips meet again in a loving kiss. he kisses softly at first and then gets rougher as our emotions settle in. our mouths move against each other's and i slip my hands into his hair and pull myself up so that i'm taller.

he deepens the kiss as he pulls my chin up and waist closer and i try to keep it in my mind so i have something to remind me of him on the bad days. "i'm gonna miss that." he says with a smile. i lightly laugh, "me too."

we whisper multiple goodbyes and steal small kisses as we procrastinate me leaving. i head towards security with my bag rolling behind me. i make it to the line and turn around once more to see my favorite person in the world. we share a smile and i turn away so that i don't miss my upcoming flight.

-

when i'm seated at the window seat of the plane, i look out the window at the gorgeous colors of the sky and the fluffy clouds. i sniffle as i think about my family, but feel jitters fill my stomach as i think about rome.

the plane escalates towards the sky and i let a tear fall down my face.

-