Epilogue

Epilogue: (Olivia's POV)

"Holy shit," I said, staring at the mirror. The white dress, the veil. It's not my wedding, sorry for the false hope. "You look great, Sky," I grinned. Skylar Blossom is getting married. Unfortunately, it's not to Austin. That ended right before graduation. They argued a lot over the distance he didn't want to do. They just weren't meant for each other, I guess. Skylar is getting married to... Chase. 

Chase is a guy she met in college and when I got to meet him, which was years after they got together, I thought he was okay. I didn't go to the same college as Skylar. Or as any of the others. 

I actually traveled instead. First, on my own while, Ethan attended courses in college rather than doing the whole 4-year experience. He then joined me and we traveled in a little bit together. And then in Maui, he proposed. And it was a fucking mess. 

We were at the beach, watching the sunset and I was rambling about how cliche beach proposals were. When he wasn't laughing and bashing them with me, I realized that's exactly what he was about to do. Propose to me on the beach. This was about 8 months ago. We've been married 8 months now, so we're still new to the whole husband-wife thing and act exactly how we always have when we were just dating. 

"Liv," Skylar said, snapping me out of my flashbacks. "Can you please go check on Chase? He was more nervous about today than I was," she said. I hate to say it, she doesn't seem as happy as a bride should be.

I nodded, heading out to go to Chase's room in the hotel but when I shut the door and started heading towards Chase's room, someone grabbed my arm and yanked me into one of the rooms in the hallway. I almost screamed but they clamped their hand over my mouth and pinned me against the wall. I finally opened my eyes, spotting the suitcase in the corner first. Wait that's... that's my suitcase. 

I looked up at- "Ethan, what the fuck?!" I whisper-yelled, shoving him back. 

"Give me a kiss," he chuckled, grabbing my face and planting his lips on mine. 

"Ethan, Skylar is getting married in an hour, I have to go help out," I laughed, placing my hands on his chest to push him off as he trailed kisses down my neck but I didn't even apply any pressure, just kept my hands on him. 

"She's got plenty of people here to help her out, give me that one hour, you'll definitely enjoy it more," he mumbled against my skin. 

"Ethan," I said slowly, pushing him off, staring at him. "I have no doubt I'll enjoy it more, but it's not the right thing to do," I explained. 

"I don't care," he said, his eyes locking in place with mine. 

"I do," I whispered, "This is my best friend's wedding." 

"This is my wife's best friend's wedding," he nodded, "So, I understand why it's important to her. But does she understand that she is important to me?" I looked at him carefully. "Liv, I've been at classes all the fucking time for a few weeks now and I haven't gotten a day with you." He attends classes every day to complete his business course. He didn't finish college and I didn't go at all. I helped Cher with her art gallery. She opened one here in San Diego. 

"Then I'm all yours tomorrow. Just not today, she's getting married soon, Ethan. It's her day," I explained. He sighed, his forehead resting on mine. "Just one day, dear husband," I sang. 

He let out a chuckle, slowly shaking his head. "Four hours. In four hours, the wedding is over and everybody is going home. The reception is tomorrow night. From the after wedding to tomorrow night, you are all mine," he said slowly. 

I grinned, holding one side of his face in my hand, caressing his cheek. "All yours," I nodded, blinking slowly. We kissed for just a moment before I let him go. "Can you please check on Chase for Skylar?" I asked.