𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨: 𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

"See, everything's going to start working out now," Kenna beams up at him as he sets her down but he keeps his hands planted on her waist.

"It seems that everything is starting to work out,"

~~~

Din watches Kenna play with the children from afar. Omera sits by him and smiles.

"Hey," She starts, nudging his side.

"Omera," He greets kindly, his eyes not leaving Kenna as she practices her force powers and springing over the children who seemed so fascinated by it. Kenna laughs as the children surround her, asking for lifts.

"She's a fast learner,"

"She's eager, that's why she's fast at learning," Din corrects as he stands up.

"As I have said, everything is set out in the forest, you two will be undisturbed and if you would like, the child can sleep in my hut-"

"The child stays with us tonight," Din says and Omera nods, not wanting to push him further about his son. "Thank you," He says after some silence. He walked over to where Kenna is playing with the children.

"The Mandalorian!" One child squeals and they all surround him while Kenna laughs.

"Um, Kenna, what did you do this time?"

"Oh, I just told them about the great adventures you experienced on Hoth,"

"We experienced," She shakes her head and laughs.

"I didn't tell them that," Din sighs and manages to pluck the children off him as he walks to Kenna. Omera calls them over and gives him a knowing look.

"One day, you'll be the death of me, Skywalker," He chuckles and she snorts.

"I remember that it was you who was almost the death of me, twice," She says and he scoffs.

"So, I came over to ask if you would like to take a walk in the forest," Kenna smiles as he takes her small hand in his large ones.

"What about the baby?" She asks and he tilts his head.

"Omera has him, he'll be fine," Kenna nods her head and he takes her through the forest where the villagers laid out their ceremony.

~~~

"So, after this, our mission is to search for other Mandalorians?"

"Yes," Din says as they walk through the forest.

"To...return the child?"

"Yes,"

"But, I'm a Jedi! I can raise him!" Din looks down at her and stops.

"Riddur, you know nothing about Jedi's. You don't know the extent of your powers,"

"But if we go on this wild goose chase for Mandalorians, won't they kill me? I mean, I have the force and a lightsaber. I may not be a proper Jedi but I don't they'll-"

"Kenna, cyar'ika, everything will be okay, I'm here to protect you, forever and always," Kenna smiles up at him before it disappears.

"What if...forever ends?" She asks and Din holds her face in his hands.

"Listen, cyare, nothing will happen. Gideon is dead, Kylo Ren is dead, it's just you, me and the baby, together forever, and forever will never end," She beams up at him as he places his forehead to hers.

"Thank you, riddur,"

"Ah, we're here," Din says as he pulls Kenna into a clearing. Her jaw drops and her eyes glisten at the sight.