•41•

"Baby, we have some leads on where Maia is, I'm sorry-"

"Micheal" Bambi smiled, her eyes soft and filled with warmth he didn't deserve. Not yet. He was leaving her alone again so soon.
He clenched his jaw, softly smoothing down the wild curls on her head.

"Willow is coming by, and I'm stationing several guards outside the house" Micheal leaned down to kiss the top of her head. Bambi leaned into his arms.
"Willow?" She asked curiously.
She was worried about Maia, stressed as to what reason she would have to run away from her guards. She wasn't so careless anymore...

"Payten's mate, the one who I told you was a therapist" Micheal saw a small smile tilt on her lips. He kissed those lips too.

Micheal only reluctantly let go of his mate when Willow and Payten arrived. The couple was arguing... again.
Micheal wondered if the man just found his mate more attractive when she was angry, considering how often he teased her into fury. He'd lose a limb one of these days.

"Shut up! Go to work and leave me the hell alone. I will cut your fu-"

"Willow...Payten" Micheal interrupted them, glancing down at Bambi who looked on curiously. At least she wasn't frightened, he breathed a sigh of relief.
The curly dark haired woman turned to take in Bambi.
Her dark mocha eyes drank in the sight of the petite blonde, her face stern.
Bambi felt conflicted under such a heavy gaze, especially coming from a very pregnant and beautiful woman.
She forced herself not to shy behind her mate, because she needed to be stronger now.

Whatever Willow saw, she seemed pleased, because her face melted into a picture of beauty with her pearly smile.
She was a wild type of beauty, living alone and as a rogue so long. Despite the yellow sundress and knitted cardigan in the winter, she appeared like the sun. She had the aura of strength and freedom.
Bambi understood why Payten always complained about being away from her now...
She was radiant.

"Hello Bambi" before Bambi could react, she was pulled into a gentle hug.
Bambi panicked for a moment, feeling the swollen belly of Willow had her worried about the baby inside.
Willow laughed, smushing her further into the hug.

She even smelled like a summer day, Bambi realized, relaxing.

"H-hello" Bambi greeted back, nervous. Her eyes glanced at a beaming Micheal. She couldn't help the giggle which bubbled up.

"Alright, we'll leave you ladies to it. Payten-" Micheal turned serious again, while Payten groaned.

"I know. Go get back our Luna" though his demeanor was put off, his eyes were steely.

A Luna was a symbol of prosperity and a future for a pack. It was a serious crime to even think of harming one. Bambi felt her own wolf growl in fury, the loyalty ingrained in her soul.
Maia wasn't only her Luna though, she was her best friend.

"Don't worry" Willow whispered, despite the heightened hearing of wolves, "We'll get her back. No one messes with our pack" she winked, calming Bambi.
Bambi nodded in agreement, pride filling her chest.

It was cold. Or she was dying. Maia couldn't be sure, not anymore.
Her wolf felt that only a few days had passed, but not once had anyone come to visit...

Well, almost anyone.

"You're still pretending I'm not here... why?" The little girl sat opposite of where Maia had curled her herself up at. The intelligence and sharp gaze of the child was unnerving, but so was her resemblance to herself when she was young.

"Are you feeling guilty?"
The girl asked innocently, but the underlying meaning to her words was vicious.

"You should. You got yourself here. Now you're just laying and wasting away"
She chastised Maia, and Maia felt her irritation rising with her declining mentality.