Sickness (Kara)

'Kar m'cold. Come back.' You mumbled, still half asleep.
'I'm just getting you a glass of water.' She whispered back placing a soft kiss on your clammy forehead.
'Don't want one if it means you hav'to leave.' Curling into her pillow, you tried to inhale her scent that still lingered on it but felt like you could cry when you realised your blocked nose prevented you from doing so.
'I'll be one second.' And true to her word, she was back in a flash with a full glass of water.
You still cried.
'You left.' A tear fell down your cheek. Fucking sickness hormones.
'I'm back. I'm back. Go back to sleep. I'm here.' You felt the warm body of your wife wrap you up in a hug and you sunk into it.
'Fucking aliens who can't get sick.' You huffed into her chest.
'Sorry honey. I know you struggle through cold season.' You could hear the sympathy through her words and you once again thanked god for such an understanding wife.
'Not your fault.' You tried to burrow further into Kara's strong hold.
'How's your bladder holding up?' She asked, clearly realising you aren't going to fall back asleep any time soon.
'Good. Better than usual. It's like the baby can tell I'm sick so is holding back for me.' The cold was bad, but it did give you some relief of no back pain or constant peeing.
'Awh our baby is already so considerate.' You could hear the smile in your wife's voice.
'They get that from you.' You coughed into a tissue you were clinging onto.
'And you.' Kara replied and squeezed you after your coughing died down.
'I hate winter.' You shuddered, even with your personal space heater next to you.
'Hey! Don't say that! It's Christmas. And don't forget it's your birthday as well. My favourite person was born in winter.'
'Hmm whatever. Still cold.' You grumbled.
'Are you going into work tomorrow?' She asked softly after a moment of silence.
'I dont think so. I don't think I'll be able to get out of bed let alone go to work.' You had accepted that about an hour ago.
'Okay. I'll ask J'onn to cover for me tomorrow and email snapper.' She kissed your forehead.
'You don't have to stay with me.' You half heartedly argued.
'Yes I do. You're my wife, and you're carrying my baby, and you're sick so I'm going to take care of you.'
'Hmm that does sound nice....'
'Exactly. So I'm staying home tomorrow.'
'Thank you Kar I love you.'
'Anytime. I love you too zhao.'