Chapter 48

'You still haven't found her?!' Jonas shouted outraged. He slammed the receiver down and scrubbed his hands over his face. Why is it so hard to find his wife and babies? It was almost two months for crying out loud.

Scowling he browse through the files on his desk but he couldn't concentrate. He was angry, frustrated and he missed his family dammit. A knock came on the door and he screamed at it 'What?'

'Is that how you greet your own brother?' William scowled in light amusument.

Jonas sighed. It has become rare, seeing his siblings after what happened. Everyone was still pissed at him, Luka was beyond it actually. 'Hey William, what can I do for you?'

'Just thought I'd stop by and see how you and the search coming? Are you any closer to finding her?' He could see the hope in his eyes. He had specially had a space in his heart for Emma and the girls and Jonas knew he loved them too. His family all loved Emma.

Jonas shook his head. God, what was he going to do? 'I’ve searched everywhere. I've been following magazines and her credit cards and everything. I don't know what else to do,' he sighed in frustration.

William took a seat across from him 'Come on man, tell me.'

'What?

'Did you cheat on her?'

Jonas heart skipped a beat at the question and he couldn't help but break eye contact. It felt like William could see the truth 'Oh my God Jonas! You didn't!' William growled coming to his feet.

Jonas shook his head 'No I did not!' He lied. He had cheated but Emma couldn't have known. Jonas had called Ariel and she had assured him that Emma hadn't seen her or anything like that. It left him confused as to why she would really run away from him.

William glared at him but he sat back down 'Because I would kill your ass if you did...'

'Whatever.' Guilt was eating at him and he had to take deep breaths just to keep above the surface of depression.

Emma frowned at the phone, biting her lips and twisting her hands. Should she? The babies were making undistinguishable noises beside her on the bed and she rubbed their tummies. They had grown so much and sadness overcame her again.

It had been hard being away from Jonas. She missed her husband no matter how much she told herself she didn't. But she had missed him even when he was around so in most ways it was the same thing. What made it especially hard was that the twins were growing and she had never wanted Jonas to miss anything. Though little really did change. She looked at them now, their hair had grown, their eyelashes a little longer. They slept more regular and feed much the same. They smile and fart a lot too.

Emma smile down at her little cherubs. She still couldn't pin point much difference as yet. Well not really, Elle seem more cheerful than Elzbeth who always only smile and look around curiously. Something tells her she was going to be very serious if not a little stuck up. Emma frowned and smile at her thoughts.

Again his mind wondered to her husband and the family she left behind. No one knew where she was. Thinking about the little cabin-like house she was in she thought about the beginning. She had went crying to Jesse and Albert, explaining how Jonas broken her heart and her trust. It had taken a lot of convincing to stop them from going after Jonas. They had finally let it go when she explain to them what she wanted. They had helped her escape and made it impossible for Jonas to find her. And she knew the drill already. No credit cards remain inconspicuous and now she had the media to look out for.

She missed her family and siting in her bedroom now she wonder if she should call. If anything she would call Hanna, her mom in law. Before she lost her nerve she took the phone and dialed the number. It rang three times before she heard the sweet voice of Hanna.