012

October 2nd

The highly anticipated second game of the season was finally a reality tonight. Seeing as the Brandywine Devils were Wintersville's ultimate rivals, everybody and anybody wanted to be there to witness what was about to go down. Levi was more nervous than anybody though. Rightfully so because his ex-girlfriend would be there cheering for her team, and it didn't want her to be a distraction. Luckily he had Skye, who would be wearing his spare jersey and cheering for him with everything that was in her.

Skye met up with Nini in the stands, immediately getting teased about wearing the jersey she had received earlier at school. She insisted she was only wearing it because Megan was there, so Nini let it slide (for now). Skye had no idea what Megan looked like, so she was trying to look out for her while staying focused on the game. It was hard to spot anyone's faces on the visitor's side of the stands, so trying to find her was useless.

Compared to last week's game, this was a total dogfight consisting of back and forth scoring and constantly being neck and neck. With the way things were going, it seemed impossible to widen the difference in scores. It stressed Skye to her core, but it stressed the people of Wintersville as well. They would need a miracle to win with less of a struggle.

The first half ended with the score being 17-14, meaning the Wintersville Wildcats were only winning by a mere three points. Everyone was going to be put a bit at ease with the cheerleaders putting on their routines, but Skye would soon see the very person that Levi was scared of seeing tonight.

The Brandywine Devils cheerleaders came out onto the field, and Skye watched with Nini as they began their routine. Just like their football team, they were really good. They were so intimidating and they weren't even the ones kicking Wintersville's ass. Even their mascot blew Xavier out of the water. How crazy is that?

Nini pointed out to one of the cheerleaders, lightly elbowing Skye with her other arm to show Skye something. "That's Megan."

"Where?" Skye squinted, trying to figure out which one of the cheerleaders was Levi's infamous ex-girlfriend.

"On top of the pyramid," Nini replied.

Skye looked at who was at the top, and her jaw immediately dropped as she saw who Megan was. "That's Megan?"

"Yup." She nodded.

"Jesus Christ."

With her tanned skin, toned physique, and silky straight blonde hair, Megan was everything that Skye felt she wasn't; perfect in every single way. Seeing who she finally was, Skye couldn't believe Levi would even waste a single second with her. Why hadn't he ran back into Megan's arms begging for her to take him back? Hell, if she were Levi, Skye would be on her knees to beg for her love, and she didn't even like girls in that way. It blew her mind that this was the girl who broke Levi's heart.

"You totally feel intimidated by her existence, don't you?" Nini asked.

"Are you kidding me? Of course, I am! She's perfect!" Skye exclaimed.

"Don't be, cause as far as I'm concerned, she's not the one wearing Levi's jersey." She said, which actually comforted Skye a little. According to Levi, Megan never dared to wear his jersey, even when her school wasn't playing his. Some girlfriend she was, huh?