Chapter Three: The Fight

If I were dying on my knees
You would be the one to rescue me
And if you were drowned at sea
I'd give you my lungs so you could breathe

Daniel's Pov

I attempt to follow my sister only to be stopped by Austin.

"Give her time." Austin says and I shake my head, quickly clenching my fists.

"She's my sister. She watched our fucking mother die!" I screamed in his face.

"Danni chill, we need to go to Ace's club tonight. Tomorrow you can deal with Lola. I think she needs a little time to realise your here." Sophie says, separating me and Austin to prevent a fight.

"Fine." I mumble, jumping into my car and speeding away to Ace's club.

Lola's Pov

"Lo!" James says as I enter the club, he quickly moves me away until we're in his office. He takes my bag so I don't have to carry it and drops it on the floor when he enters his office.

"How was the meeting with your brother?" James asked once the door was shut.

"I spoke... I told him everything." I mumble, my voice still rough and painful. Since I know James I know he needs to hear what I'm saying not just read it. James wraps me in his arms. James is like the brother I needed.

"Lo... You don't have to fight if your not up to it." I shake my head, silently telling him I'm okay.

'I'm going to put my bag in the changing room.' I write in my notebook.

"Lo come straight here to get your money then go straight home." James warns, sounding more serious then normal. I just nod knowing if I try go argue he'll pretend he can't read.

I make my way to my changing room and chuck my bag down. I do my hair up and take my hoodie off revealing my tattoos and the scars that even James' tattooist refused to cover. They were mostly whip marks on my back but he said it'd hurt too much to cover and have a higher chance of getting infected. Once I'm ready I make my way to the ring.

Daniel's Pov

"Danni you good?" Austin asked once he finally arrives.

"Yea." I grumble and everyone gives me a guilty look. My father was Ace's second in command. I'm also Ace's second in command since we grew up together. The only reason my father wanted me is to get me to be his second in command. I mean he got what he wanted but he was a shit father.

"Let's get this over with. Where's James?" Ace asked.

"Well he said he'd be in his office so let's go." I say. Ace nods and I can't help but feel guilty. Ace has no family left at least I have Lola even if she wants nothing to do with me.

We make our way to the back of the club until we're outside his office.

"Stay here, I think there's a fight on tonight so go watch that. James isn't dangerous." Ace tells us all, which makes me roll my eyes. If I wasn't needed why couldn't I go after Lola. Of course I know the answer to that I just don't want to admit it. We all nod obediently and make our way to the ring.

The girl in the ring looks awfully similar to Lola. But surely it can't be. She's my baby sister. My baby bear. I can't have her hurt. But if dad isn't here... No. No it just can't be.

The match starts and the girl wins. She has quick reflexes and even faster recovery time. When the guy, almost double the size of her punched her she didn't even flinch which of course made him flinch. She won the match within 10 minutes. The girl walks out the ring without a second look at the guy she just knocked out and goes somewhere behind stage.

Lola's Pov

Once winning my fight I go back to my changing room. Once letting my hair back down to make it harder for people to notice me. I don't bother pulling my hoodie on, knowing James will probably wanna hang out for a while. Even if he doesn't I don't feel the cold. Once checking myself in the mirror to make sure there were no noticeable bruses I leave and make my way to James' office.

"Come in." James speaks in his serious voice that he rarely uses. I walk in knowing he doesn't like to be kept waiting when he's stressed but I am greated by a sight I never would've expected.

"Lola?" Ace asked and James stands up abruptly.

"I see you've met my best fighter." James says with a hint of pride in his voice.

"She happens to be my best friends sister." Ace says, turning to James to give him a deadly glare.