Pain of Love.

"This one ?" You ask, holding a navy dress to your body.

"Yeah, it looks okay darling" John sat on your bed leant against the headboard, his blazer and waistcoat laying on the chair in the corner if your room.

"Okay ?" You raise an eyebrow at your best friend.

"You look stunning in anything" John responds smiling at you.

"I will just wear the red one, that's new and it looks...okay" you pick up the red dress again and place it over your body looking into the mirror again.

"That's the one" John smiles.

"Okay I will be back in a second" you hurry out of your room and into the bathroom quickly changing into the dress. It was mid-thigh, long sleeved and deep cleavage but keeping it appropriate. You run your fingers through your straight hair, putting on a little power and curling your eyelashes.

You walk into your bedroom, John stares at nothing just daydreaming. You clear your throat catching John's attention. His jaw drops and eyes go wide as they take in your beauty. You were oblivious to his love towards you. The cuddles when you couldnt sleep, holding your hand or having his arm over your shoulders in public or the fact he came around for dinner most nights. And he was oblivious to your love towards him. The cheek kisses, the way you would hug him for a little longer or the fact you never took off the necklace he gave you for your 16th, five years ago. It was a golden chain with a red stone hanging from it, the red stone was his favourite colour and red meant danger something John and yourself got involved in most days with the Peaky Blinders.

"Does it look okay ?" You ask, turning to face the mirror again pulling at the sleeves.

John stood up and walked over to you, his hands wrapped around your waist, leaning his head into the crook of your neck. He presses a light kiss there and smiles up at you through the mirror which you return.

"You look stunning doll" a blush raises to your cheeks.

"You still have the necklace" he comments.

"Yeah, never take it off" you reply. He runs his fingers over the chain, circling the red stone with his thumb before letting it fall against you chest again.

"You always wear the necklace ?" he asks.

"Always" you confess. You move back a little, pressing a kiss on John cheek, not noticing the small blush on his cheeks.

A knock at the door interrupted your moment, hesitantly walking out your room leaving John's hands slip away from your waist.

You answer the door with a smile, a part of you hoping your date was here to cancel so you could spend more time with John.

"Hey y/n- wow you look sexy" James your date said when he first laid his eyes on you. You giggle awkwardly and look behind you finding John lent against the kitchen door frame listening.

"Where are we going ?" You ask with a small smile.

"The small restaurant near the Grassion" he answers, eyes glued onto your chest. The small restaurant being the cheapest and shittest place to go on a date.

"Great" you turn and pick up your piece that held some money and your small hand gun - just in case - you give John a small smile and little wave before closing the door behind you, walking with James to the restaurant.

"Fuck sake" John mumble to himself feeling stupid for letting you go.

---

"John ?"