23 | spidery rescue

23 | SPIDERY RESCUE

No matter how hard Celeste tried, she simply could not sleep

No matter how hard Celeste tried, she simply could not sleep. The bitter cold was out of her element. She enjoyed the sunshine and bathing in warm rays coming from a system's star. A cold planet such as the one she was currently on was not one she could see herself spending the rest of her life on. That was if she would ever be able to settle somewhere for the rest of her life with Mando by her side. It did worry her, that she'd end up as some vagabond with Mando. But, as he laid there, his arms crossed and his weight leaning against her, it made her forget about all that. It made all the sacrifices that would come seem worth it.

She was no longer being hunted. And, soon enough, the kid would be safe with his own--force sensitive-- kind, the kind that knew how to control their ability and protect him with it. Celeste watched as the frog lady began fidgeting with the old droid Mando had destroyed and left on the ship for spare parts.

But, that got boring quickly. So, Celeste wiggled herself away from the sleeping Mando and child to go explore outside, since it wasn't any warmer in the ship than it was out there. She made sure to drag her feet through the snow as she walked so she wouldn't get lost in the snowy desert. Nearby, she spotted a cave opening. There was a blue hue emitting from inside. Her curiosity piqued and pushed her exploration inside the cave. The further she moved in, the warmer she felt. Soon, she saw columns of steam rising from the from a ways away.

Her eyes tracked the columns of warm, thick steam down to the natural pools of the cave. It seemed to be purified water, it was clearer than any glass she had ever seen. There were no animals around, nor were there any animals swimming around inside the pools. It looked like a haven. Feeling drawn to the warm, Celeste stripped herself of her clothes and slipped into one of the pools, relishing the heat it brought her. It felt like a warm, fuzzy blanket wrapping around her bare body. It was utter bliss.

But, her time at the pool was soon cut short when she heard heavy steps marching toward where she was. She recognized the footsteps, knowing Mando all too well now, as the armored man. "Celeste, you can't be here--" He began, but stopped his sentence short when he noticed her clothes were off. He gulped--trying to be gentlemanlike--and looked away.

"I know it's warm, but it's not safe out here," he picked up her clothes and held it up without looking at her, "put it on." He ordered.

Celeste groaned, submerging her head under the water for as long as she could so she wouldn't have to leave. Grunting, Mando gave up trying to be respectful--as he had seen all of her before--and approached the edge of the pool. He looked down at her, shaking his head in disapproval. She rose from the water, only her shoulder poking out, right at his feet--at the edge of the pool. He squatted down so they were closer to eye level. "Get out," he held out her clothes over her head.

"Make me," she stuck her tongue out playfully at him.

"We don't have time to play games, Cel," he spoke, seriously, as he nearly always did.