Chapter 4 - Mukhatib (مخاطب)

"Acha sorry boltodiya!" Bilal whined.
Bilal was never a guy to pull such hideous pranks. He too was disgusted by the idea of him and Laiba. But this witch had recently teased and pranked him allot. Like when she made him do both of their homework's and he didn't do hers with as much effort so she swapped the books and submit his homework as hers instead.

"Jee, aap mujhse mukhatib hein?...Me apko nahi janti Rastey se hatein " laiba said.

She said it extremely formally, giving Bilal the 'you're no one to me anymore' punishment. They usually spoke informally amounts each other considering they were the same age. Her speaking so formally was screaming to him how mad she was at him.
He was following her around the corridors in university begging for forgiveness of his stupid joke.

"Acha paisey lelo" he said not thinking what else he could offer to make up to her.

Suddenly an idea came to her mind.
"Maafi chahiye?"

He nodded in positive.

"Ek shart pe maaf karungi"

"Bolo"

"Us larkey ka number maang ke ao" she pouted at a boy sat on a beach, towards the end of the corridor.

"Kya?"

"Kya? 'Kya'. Maafi chahiye ke nahi?"

He gulped and without thinking further made his way to the boy. Bilal was never a nervous kind of guy, he always was the intimidating, authoritative guy. He felt stupid doing such a stunt right now. But he had to. Or one of his very few friends would be at risk.
Getting the number from the boy was easy. The joy was so scared of Bilal he instantly gave it without any question.
Laiba snatched the number, which was written on a ripped out page of the boys notebook and began walking away, not before pushing Bilal a little. Which may seem weird to others but to them it was their way of reconciling; a friendly push, which appeared to be violent but they knew the meanings behind it.

———
"Nahi Muma"Bilal said.

Qirat had broken into Bilals room with coffee and had finally officially spoken to Bilal about an alliance with Laiba now. And she was persuading him with how great this would be. But he was determined that it wasn't possible.

"Nahi se kya matlab..socho tho ek bar!
Aap dono itney achey dost ho ek dusre ko achi tarhan jantey ho..aur uspeh Laiba tho hai hi hum sabki laadli, sab ghuli mili wih bhi hai"

"Muma me nahi karsakta. Laiba mere liye ek annoying behan we zyada kuch nahi aur naa hu kuch hosakti hai kabhi. Woh khud bhi is rishtey we sehmat nahi..."

"Aap beta apni baat karein. Laiba me tho razamandi dedi apni"

"What!"

He shivered and spilled the coffee he was drinking in himself. He got up and marched out. Headed right to his Phupojaan's house, Laiba's house.
——

"LAIBA! Laiba! Get out here right now!" He seethed and screamed from the outside of her bedroom door.

Falak heard noises coming from her daughters room and ran towards it.

"Allah! Bilal beta kya hua? Kheriyat?" Falak asked when she saw a red Bilal hanging fists on the locked door.

"Asalamulaykum phupo" Bilal greeted, calming himself down. How ever angry he was he couldn't be disrespectful to his elders.

"Walaykumasalam beta ho kya raha hai yaha!" She asked worried.

"Phupo..mujhe Laiba se baat karni hai..isey bolo darwaza kholey"

Intekhaab✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें