Silence

Kara

I didn't know what was happening to my physical body. All I knew was my subconscious mind and body, drifting with my subconscious energy. 

Unlike my body, my mind wasn't in the Phantom Zone. No. My mind was on Earth with Lena. Lena, Lena, Lena... the woman I love.

Love has no extent. It is everlasting and never runs out. Sure, it "runs out" for those who have lost hope. Unlike them, I haven't. I could never lose hope in Lena and Alex. They're geniuses. Alex has always found a way, just like Lena has. They have sacrificed so much for me, and I trust them more than I can trust myself.

All I could hear is silence as I clung onto the strand of hope that wove me together. The strand of hope that I could only wish for to stay until Alex and Lena got to me.

Looking back on my years on Earth... I was happy. I was happy even though my world, literally, fell apart. That's because I had Alex, Eliza, Kal-El, Maggie, Winn, and James. I don't know what I would have done without them.

And then I met Lena. If I wasn't happy before, then... golly. Lena made me smile from ear to ear, even when she was being her cynical, intelligent self. If I never met her, then I wouldn't know what true happiness was.

Until I met Lena, I didn't know what true love was. Lena Kieran Luthor is my soulmate. To me, a soulmate is the person who, right from the start, you know that there will be something terribly amazingly special. The person I'll screw my sleep schedule up for and the person that even when a silence falls upon the two of you, it's not awkward. It's comfortable. Loving, even. Even when no words are shared, that silence lets them know how much you love them without even using words. I can see a future with her. I can see it, far and clear. I want that future with her so badly... so badly. Even when we're miles apart, I know I'll come back to her, as she would do the same for me. I want to wake up to her each and every morning with her in my arms, and I want to wait until she wakes up just to stare into those green, mesmerizing eyes. 

"Lena Luthor, you have my soul. You have my heart, and you have my mind. You have every living part of me whether you like it or not, and I wish for it to stay that way. You have all of me, as I have all of you," I thought to myself. 

Rain or sunshine, light or darkness, no matter how cliche this sounds, Lena has me. She always will. I'm not going anywhere. Never. I love her more than I love life itself. And as selfish as it sounds, if I had to choose between Argo and Lena, I would choose Lena every time. 

Now I know what Alex meant when she said that the first time she had looked into Maggie's eyes, that she felt a jolt in her abdomen. Her mind went blank and her heart started to pump at a thousand miles per hour. Well, not a thousand miles per hour. That's overexaggerating. Well, I heard Alex's heartbeat increase. Not dramatically, but it was definitely an increase in the beats per minute. 

Not the point. But, when I look into Lena's eyes, I feel that. I feel the jolt in my abdomen start like a lightning bolt, and then it rises to my body, it spreads. I feel tingling in my arms and goosebumps on my skin, my heart thumping in my chest. My mind blanks and I'm in love. 

I'm in love with Lena Luthor. A woman. A Luthor, not that it matters. They say that opposites attract. I guess they were right. I'm a Super and she's a Luthor. Despite our family's differences, I didn't care. Sure, she got insecure about it. But I always made the time and effort to assure her that it wasn't stupid. It was amazing. 

But as I sat herein my pod, floating aimlessly in the Phantom Zone, my body unconscious yet my mind racing, I knew it. I loved her. My mind was thinking about Lena and all I wanted was her. 

The fight she and I had was dumb. It was based on insecurities. I was afraid that, like she had warned me, that one day, I would get into an accident and that something bad would happen to me. I couldn't bear the thought of Lena's face when she is told that I died. The tears pooling in her eyes, her hands shaking as she shook her head in disbelief.

I thought that I couldn't do that to her. I couldn't. And I know I can't. They the Superfriends and my family, would always find a way. 

"But Lena Luthor... It's You."

"You're my everything."

"You're my world."

"You're all I ever think about."

"You're my best love."

"You're my best friend, but more."

"You're my first choice."

"You're my other half."

"You're my universe."

"You're my soulmate."

"It's You, Lena Luthor. And I love you. I love you so, so much. It's unbearable, the thought of losing you. And I won't. I won't lose you. And you won't lose me."

"Because It's You."

Those were my thoughts as I kept thinking, hoping that Alex and Lena find me a way out of here. And quickly. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lena

As Alex turned around, there were two emotions that I could see flaring through her eyes. I squinted at her, trying to understand what was going on.

The director averted her gaze from mine, running her hands through her hair as she let out a shaky sigh, "Kara's... in the Phantom Zone... she sent out a distress call, Lena," 

My eyebrows dipped as they furrowed in confusion, "Phantom Zone, as in...?" I didn't want my suspicions of said place to be true.

Alex nodded before speaking, "We'll get her out of there. We're going to... we're going to assemble a task force. 'Operation Zor-El' ... the team will consist of you, the scientist who will get us out of this mess... Winn, the tech junkie. Me, I'll be field agent. J'onn, field agent... Maggie is good with moral support. I know what I have to do," I nodded.

"So, you'll get Kara and I'll extract the Kryptonite from the atmosphere. The Kryptonite will crystalize when it's at the end of the machine, so we should be left with a rock of Kryptonite. What happened to Kal-El?" I questioned the brunette.

She nodded again, "Kal-El successfully made it to Argo," I nodded, my mind shifting to the thought of Kara, all alone, helpless and vulnerable in that Kryptonian pod, floating aimlessly in a void of nothingness. Tears pooled in my eyes, a lump in my throat forming.

"Lena," Alex moved closer to me, "Kara will be okay. I have a plan... but first, Kara also wanted for you to have this," she produced a necklace from her pocket, handing it to me. 

I looked at the director in disbelief, "This is her mother's..." Alex nodded. 

"She wanted you to have it. To remind you of her," Alex sat on the metal table, "Listen. Kara never loses hope. And neither should you. We'll get her back... I know for sure."

"Yeah... I won't lose hope," I tilted my head, "So, what is your plan?" Alex paused. She looked like a deer caught in headlights as she attempted to form words.

She took a deep breath, composing herself, "I need you to, while you wait for the filter, to collab with Winn... to make me a super-suit with jets at the bottom of it, making it possible for me to fly in the Phantom Zone. It's a two-person job, my plan... when you get into the Phantom Zone, once you're out of it, you're awake. I wouldn't know what it'd be for humans," I nodded, signaling for the woman to continue.

"I'll fly in there and haul Kara's pod to the entrance... my calculations support the fact that I won't make it out of there. That's where J'onn enters the equation... I need to see if he's willing to pull us out of there. I will do anything for Kara. I think that if I go into the Phantom Zone, I'll be introduced to a coma. This is why you can't tell Maggie about this."

I took a deep breath, "Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked her. She nodded, sure of her decision. 

"I'm sure."