Task Two

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Nerezza Lupin-Black ┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"Shes underwater againSomebody's daughter, a friend"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Nerezza Lupin-Black
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"Shes underwater again
Somebody's daughter, a friend"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"Harry, this'll work. Neville knows what he's doing" I tried assuring Harry.

"I'm not just worried about myself Nerezza! You think I'd want to look Sirius in the eyes if something went wrong?" He exclaimed tensely.

"You won't have to Harry. You can be so melodramatic" I winked at him, playfully nudging his shoulder.

"Just, don't die?" Harry requested, cleaning his glasses.

"I'll give it my best. Don't you go dying on me either" I smiled, "you still have to move in with Sirius, Remus and I" I hummed.

"You want me to?" Harry frowned.

"Of course Harry! You're practically my brother. I want us to be a family" I said thoughtfully.

"Tell you what" he began, "when the tournament is over, I'll come stay with you. Promise me you'll live though?" Harry smiled happily at the mere thought of staying with us.

"I promise!" I yelled giddily before engulfing him in a tight hug, he squeezed me back tighter.

"Welcome to the second task. Last night something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These five treasures,
one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the black lake. In order to win each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough. Except for this, they will have one hour to do so and one hour only. After that they'll be on their own." Dumbledore explained the rules.

Neville had given Harry and I gillyweed so we could breath underwater for an hour and now Harry was having a breakdown about something Neville had said about saltwater vs freshwater. I didn't listen. I couldn't concentrate I was so nervous.

I saw the Weasley's all in the stands, cheering me and Harry on. I frowned noticing Ron and Hermione weren't there-they'd surely be here. Maybe Ron wasn't coming after our little argument but I couldn't think about that right now.

Harry and I crossed arms.

"Cheers" we both said before consuming the gillyweed.

I began feeling my throat constricting. The air thinning out as I scratched at my neck desperately for air, Mad-Eye shoved Harry and I into the water as the canon sounded. When we'd sunk lower into the depths, I felt gills tear from my skin and flippers grow on my feet...holy shit.

I could breathe! Harry and I grinned at each other victoriously before we swam together onwards. The water was eerily quiet-nothing like the surface. We swam through the long seaweed as singing echoed distantly...screams sounded through the water making Harry and I swim faster.