||Xiao: Almond Tofu Struggle (1)

➷almond tofu struggle➷

"That damned almond eating, unsociable, mean, lazy adepti bitc-"

"Woah there y/n, calm down!" Lumines soft voice shrieked from above me. Her hand reached out to the h/c haired adventurer, pulling her up onto the peak of the mountain.

All for one sweet flower.

Finally feeling steady grounds, the cryo user stretched her arms out, feeling her muscles are going to snap in half.

She felt bad, however, that she had to bring Lumine along when her and Paimon was busy - and had to listen to her complaining all day long. Y/n didn't know that Lumine found it quite amusing that the adventurer was brave enough to cuss out an adepti, Xiao at that.

Even Paimon wasn't brave enough to give him a weird nickname.

"With this, we can make the last batch of sugar." Lumine twirled the flower between her fingers. How she does that, no one knows.

"Finally," Paimon whined, her floating tiny body bobbed up and down in the air. "Paimon is really tired from all this flying."

'which part of your body gets tired when you're floating..?'

Shaking the question off to not offend the fairy, they started ascending down from the mountain.

Thankfully, the mountain wasn't that far away from Wanshu inn and the three girls were quick to hand over the ingredients to the chef.

"Here you go, your. Majesty." A tight smile plastered across the girls face. She restrained herself from slamming the plate against his head.

Said adepti gave her a grin, the sharp look in his eyes visibly soften. "I didn't know you thought of me so highly."

"Just take it."

The adepti was only this carefree around her, as if he wasn't an adepti that could literally destroy a whole town in the first place. He doesn't know, and he has stopped trying to find out. Xiao accepted that, maybe that's just how it is. Her attitude that could bring a whole army of treasure hunters down was refreshing to him in a way - since no one else is brave enough to talk to him the same way she does.

Y/n plopped down beside the adepti, a table and a set of chairs already prepared in advance for the two of them.

The reason why y/n was so angry in the first place was simply because Xiao refused to hang out with her, as he had promised days prior, unless she brings him an almond tofu.

Who knew he would be so petty as to force a girl, his girl non the less, up a whole mountain just for one sweet flower.

She wasted hours climbing that pile of rock just to sit down in silence with him.

"I hate you." Y/n mumbled, "you petty- mph-"

Xiao shoved a spoon full of almond tofu down her throat, quickly silencing the girl. "No you don't."

"How dare you-"

All of a sudden she felt herself being pushed back. A sweet flavour of almond entered her mouth. Again. This time, without the cold feeling of a metal spoon.

Xiao pulled away, licking his bottom lip. Red tinted his cheeks slightly. A rare sight that should go into your archive.

"You're lucky I'm even sharing you my almond tofu."

"You're so gross."

"How nice." He retorted, a small smile on his beautiful face. Ah if only his face wasn't as shiny, maybe y/n would've landed a hit on him already. Not like she'd be able to live after that to tell the tale.

The kiss made her grumble, but it was noticable that her mood lifted a whole lot.

"..ks.."

"What was that?"

Her voice was mumbled, but Xiao could guess what she had said.

"...thanks..." It was hard to say those words, but it wasn't like she was completely upset with him. They are sharing a nice sunset like he had promised. "...for sharing your stupid tofu."

Taken aback, Xiao stared at his girlfriend for a few good seconds. "Heh," he chuckled. "You're most welcome."

His warm hand brushed against the girls hair. She felt comfortable, safe, even if 20 ruin hunters were chasing after her right at this moment.

Her eyelids felt heavy, finally feeling the burden of climbing that tall ass mountain. But she didn't want to fall asleep. Not when she could finally get Xiao to hang out with her. He was unusually chatty today especially.

"You're tired. Go get some rest."

"But you'll disappear when I wake up..." The girl whined.

"I won't," he chuckled softly.

"In that case, promise me you're gonna wait for me until I wake up." The girl pouted, pointing a weak finger at Xiao.

"Of course, as long as you promise me you'll wake up." He laughed.

Y/n chuckled, "of course." Her eyes closed, feeling the best feeling in the world wash over her.

"I love you," he whispered. His hand reached out to her, but all he met was the cold crystal ice that seperated the girl from him. The tips of her fingers were turning more and more blue as days went by. "I kept my promise, y/n."

It started with a tear that flowed down his cheek. It didn't take long for the rest to follow.

"I kept my promise, so please keep yours.."

➷➷➷➷

Hey, welcome to my genshin one shot. So uh, this one was requested by @/alter on discord so uh, yeah.

Requests are open by the way, if you didn't know that lol.

This wasn't as sad as I thought it would be hhhhhh.